The Dreams - Arthur

The same image of the firey man was stuck in my head. I then saw a blonde woman, running. I saw Uther Pendragon and the younger version of myself. I saw my palms bloody from a scar shaped like a 'V', when my father pulled the sword from my tiny hands.

I woke up suddenly, my breathes sharp. I looked over to see The Mage, then to my palms where the 'V' was still visible.

"You are resisting the sword. The sword isn't resisting you." The Mage said.

"It should be clear by now, that whatever it is that you and your friends think you want from me, I am not it."

"Not yet."

"Not ever!"

"Could you be for her?" I look behind me to see Scarlett or Salem lying on the bed, her breaths deep. I want to be better for her, I know I can be. But I didn't want The Mage to know that.

"What do you see when you hold the sword? It is something you've seen before, isn't it? Long before you ever touched the sword. You don't sleep well, do you? What if you could make the dreams go away?"

"Is Scarlett alright?"

"She will be fine. Do you love her?" The Mage asked me.

"Whose asking?"

"Her sister. Now, do you love my Salem or don't you? Because if you don't I would like to protect her from whatever pain I can. Although, it may be difficult to keep her from you and the sword."

"Keep her from the sword?"

"Do you love her?"

"Yes! Why does everyone keep bring her up with the sword?"

"I cannot say. Go, she will be waking up soon, and I must discuss many things with her."

I walk out of the room.