The Sword

Vortigern was right when he said plans for me. For one, he chained me to a wall in his throne room, slapping me and giving me little cuts as he pleased. Currently, he gave me a break and sat slightly on the table eating. The large doors of the throne room opened to reveal Bedivere. As we discussed in private, he would convince Arthur to trade the sword for my sister. Not me.

Bedivere walked in and gave the sword to one of the BlackLegs, I met his eyes. My slapped red cheeks made his fists clentch, I shook my head no to him. Another BlackLeg brought my sister into the throne room with chains bounding her hands.

The BlackLeg who took the sword placed it in front of Vortigern. He grabbed the sword, then looked at Bedivere. "So, where is he?"

"He's a day's ride from here," Bedivere explained, he looked at me then my sister. "As soon as she's safe, he will come. He poses no threat to you without the sword."

"Tomorrow. I don't have to remind you of what will happen if he doesn't come. I've already started with his fiance, I'll start with the little boy next. Now, take the girl and go." The BlackLeg that held my sister's chains moved to Bedivere.

They looked back at me, pain in their eyes. I smiled at them, assuring them I know what I'm doing.