My Queen

The next couple of weeks we all adjusted. Arthur and I grew even closer as we bonded over how difficult it was to be the king and queen. Although, Arthur was a natural.

We still made time to see each other, him and the crew thought it would be important that I spar with them. George helped me a lot with all the technical stuff.

I made sure, now that we had the resources, Blue was to get an education. He was not happy about it and we even had our first fight. I reminded him that having an education was a blessing. He said he didn't want it and ran off.

I went down to the kitchens and started to make him an apple tart. As soon as they were done, I grabbed 4 or 5 and found him hitting a tree with a small sword. I sat on a bench near enough for him to hear me say, "It's such a shame I have to eat all these apple tarts by myself." I dramatically sighed.

I no longer heard the tree being attacked. "I guess I should start." I began to eat my apple tarts, before Blue finally sat beside me.

"I can help ya eat them. If you like."

"Don't tell Arthur, but I packed you three." I had survived my first fight with Blue. When we were all done eating I turned Blue to me.

I explain to him, "The only reason I'm pushing for your education, is because I want to do right by your dad. I am to raise you now, you are mine." I raise my hands to his face, "Mine to me. I don't care if you still talk like the crew, even I have picked up on their slang. But you will learn of the world and the arts and whatever else it takes for you to have a better life than us. Can you understand that?"

"Yes, I understand. I have a question though. What should I call you?" He played with his hands in his lap.

"What do you mean?"

"It feels weird to call you Salem, but do I call you mom?"

My heart breaks and was so happy at the same time, "Blue, you can call me whatever is the most comfortable to you. If that is Salem, if that is mom, who cares? I am not trying to replace your mom or your dad, I am here whenever you need me for whatever. There isn't anything you can't tell me. I love you and will support you forever." I put my forehead against his. "Run along now. I think the crew is in the table room. Will you go take them some apple tarts?"

Blue nodded, then stood up. He ran a little before running back to me and into my arms, "Thanks, mom."

I hold his neck in my hands, slightly tearing up. Blue runs away again, only this time inside.