Chapter 2

LOVE LIES
a MiChaeng story
>>>
CHAPTER 2

*Mina's

It's a very hot day today. And I'm on my way to work. I'm always in closing shift. This is my schedule since i worked here in the Kennedy's Grocery store. And for my dog's sake, i sometimes work at full shift. Because we are lack of employees. The owner doesn't want to add more because they said it's just another expenses for them. Like, what the hell?
we are not a robot. we have feelings too. we get tired too! The grocery is too big for us 3 in the selling area. I'm a cashier and a diser and a maintenance in this store. Yes, we all do the work here. So it's kinda hard for me sometimes. Specially on weekdays. We have more customers in weekdays than weekends.

I was about to go in the back office to change into my uniform when i saw Jeongyeon talking to the four ladies sitting in the bench.

And i heard everything that they say. Guess we are lucky now, we will have four new co-workers today." I guess my daily routine will be lighter when they start to work. " And i smiled on that thought.

I continue to walk, while they are walking not really afar from me. When jeongyeon saw me and call me.

Jy: Mina! Come.
M (mina) : Why?
Jy: Change into your uniform first then come to the back office . I need you
M: Okay, just wait for me.
Jy: Okay.

Then i proceed to the comfort room to change my clothes. As i finished, i directly went to the back office. Before you can access the back office you have to pass the main office. It's the place where you see the owner and other office staff of the store.

Ms. Lisa (the owner) : Hey, where are you going?

M: Jeongyeon ask me to come ma'am.

L: Ah okay, i think it's because of the new employees. Okay, go. Train them good mina. I'm counting on you.

M: Okay ma'am Thankyou.

And i walked now to the hall and reached the back office door. I was about to knock when someone open it already.

M: Oh, hi.
C: Uhm. Hi, please excuse me. I'm going to the bathroom.
M:O-okay.

Then the girl walked by, before i entered the room the girl poked me on the back and I'm startled a bit.

C: can you show me where the comfort room is, please?
M: (i forgot she is new here) i can't totally show you where it is but let me tell you the direction. when you pass the main office and already out. turn right, the first white door you will see, that is is the comfort room.
C: Thankyou ma'am
M: No, just call me Mina. Anyway, no problem. Goodluck.  (and i smiled at her)

after that she left.

"She look like a lost small kid, haha! How cute. Is she on the right age to work? " i smiled when i think of it.  I entered now the back office where is jeongyeon's private work place. I see the other 3 girls with her earlier.

Jy: You already here. Let's wait for the other to comeback.

while we are waiting i help jeongyeon to clean up her desk. It's full of a rummage papers. I don't know that her office is this kind of messy. Because i know that she hates messy and dirty place.

---
*Chaeyoung's

When we follow the lady to her office she looked at our back then call someone.

And i didn't pay attention to whom is she talking to. Because i still can't process on my mind that we are getting a job today. Four of us! In one place! I'm trying to calm myself down because I'm too nervous.

D: chaeyoung are you okay?
T: yeah, you're sweating hard chaeyoung. calm down. (wiping chaeyoung's sweat with her handkerchief)
S: how sweet of you, I'm sweating too tzuyu (pouting)
D: ya! sana! don't do that. we might be rejected if she saw that pouting face of yours! (then she throw her handkerchief on sana's face)
S: rude baby dahyun.

we all laugh after sana said that. now we are entering the main office. jeongyeon stops, and we stop too. she told us to stay and she will going to introduce us to the owner. "Oh shit this is too much! I'm really nervous right now!" i said in my mind.

Jy: Goodafternoon Ms. Lisa, this is our new hired employees for today.

C: (hired? are we hired already? we never get into the interview thingy.) i said inside my head.

Sana, dahyun and tzuyu just act like a wow emoji "😮" . They can't believe also on what we heard.

Jy: Guys, introduce yourself on Ms.Lisa, she is the owner of this store.

I pinched sana's side to introduce herself first.

S: Aaa!--A i am Sana Minatozaki. Nice to meet you Ms. Lisa (she smiled then glared at chaeyoung)
T: Goodafternoon Ms. Lisa, I am Chou Tzuyu. Nice to meet you ma'am.
D: Hello, Goodafternoon. I'm Kim Dahyun. Looking forward to work into your store Ms. Lisa.
C: (wow did dahyun prepared for that) Goodafternoon Ma'am Lis--oh, Ms. Li -lisa (f*ck why am i stuttering) Nice to meet you.
T: hey cub calm down okay (whispered to chaeyoung)

L: Goodafternoon to all of you! Hope you do your job well! I'm watching each and everyone of my employees here. Specially newly comers. Have a good day.  (She smiled and left)

Oh my cub! That scares me! I think she is a very strict one. The composure of her body when she stands. The poker face she wear. The voice. I'm scared now. For the bills and for the living  i can do this! Atleast she smiled before she left.

We are now going on the backoffice. Jeongyeon opened the door of her office and face us before we enter.

Jy: sorry if you are going to see my office at this state. but please don't mind it.  let me clean up this first while waiting for your trainor.

And we all nodded. We are now inside her office and now i get what she said before we come inside. The papers are everywhere. I don't know if she throws it or it's just blew by a fan. It's scattered everywhere.

Jy: When your trainor come we will start immediately. (while still cleaning some mess)
C: (oh no, i need to release this nervousness in me before we start) can i go to the bathroom , if you excuse me ma'am?
Jy: Okay, you're excuse. Haha
C: (why did she laugh?) i thought.

I'm about to go, when i opened the door i saw a lady who's going to knock on the door.

M: Oh, hi.
C: Uhm. Hi, please excuse me. I'm going to the bathroom.
M:O-okay.

i walk away, but i stopped in my track before i remember, that i don't know this place. so i turned my back in her and she's still there infront of the door. i poked her back to make her turn to me. i guess i startled her a little bit.

C: can you show me where is the comfort room please? (i plead)
M: i can't totally show you where it is but let me tell you the direction. when you pass the main office and already out. turn right, the first white door you will see, that is is the comfort room.
C: Thankyou ma'am
M: No, just call me Mina. Anyway, no problem. Goodluck.  (and she smiled at me)

Wow! I can't imagine that working here will be this great. Seeing her everyday will be the best day and time of my life. I said to myself.

---
end of chapter 2.
hope you like it. and sorry for the wrong grammar. labbyuu 💕