Chapter 7

" Can you turn down the music ? " Daniel asked me.

" What ? " I said pretending I didn't hear him. I just like listening to loud music in the mornings, it kinda wakes my brain up.

He turned down the volume and looked back at the road.

Why is he so serious when he is driving ?

" Hey ! " I said and tried to turn it up but he stopped me by grabbing my hand.

" I still have another one you know," I said and tried to reach the radio with my left hand but he grabbed it too.

And now I am tied by his hands on the steering wheel.

" Really? " I said and he drove right pulling me even closer to him.

" Release my hands boy! " I said but he ignored me I tried to pull but he was stronger than me.

" Fine! I won't touch the radio again just let me go" I said and he let my hands.

" You are a boring chauffeur," I said crossing my hands.

" And you are naughty girl" he replied.

" I will buy my own car, you won't have to handle me all the way home and back. " I said.

" I don't have a problem with you being around me 24 hours, you are a good company" he said keeping his eyes on the road.

That kinda caused butterflies in my stomach.

" Yeah, of course I am, " I said teasing.

" Alright naughty, quick jump don't make me wait," he said and parked in front of my house.

I walked out of the car when he took my hand.

" I mean it," he said and I started laughing.

Daniel's Prov :

She laughed and jumped all the way to the door teasing me for telling her to jump.

I laughed at her and stopped the car.

This girl is crazy.

Beautifully crazy.

And as usual, she spent half an hour changing her clothes to go to work with me.

I checked the time it was late to go to the office and she didn't get ready yet so I got out of the car and went to her.

The door was opened so I just stepped inside calling her name but she didn't answer.

I headed upstairs assuming she would be there until I heard her talking. I guess she was talking on the phone, she was anxious.

" But this is unfair he is so sick you can't just kick him out! What? How can this be a hospital policy? " She said then she hung up the phone throwing it on the bed.

And she started... crying?

Shit !

" Gwen ? " I called knocking on her already-opened door.

" Fuck ! uh... Sorry, I am just wearing my...uh, high heels, I'm ready... I am" she said confused then she burst into crying again.

" Hey, hey, it's okay, come here" I rushed to her hugging her tight and wiping on her shiny hair.

" They are going to kick him off the hospital if I don't pay in three days, and I don't have that amount of money now, nor I will in three days ! I spent the money I had from working at the restaurant on the old hospital bills, and I am starting to work with you and Ethan and all in order to have enough money for everything but the hospital is asking me to pay now and now I have nothing, I mean I didn't start yet and why would I chose to work this shit if I am not able to pay and he is so sick and I..." she gasped.