Chapter 11

Gwen's Pov :

I don't know why I have a bad feeling.

I mean I should be relieved that I stopped him from screwing with me.

But instead, I felt more anxious and confused.

What if I was wrong ?

No, I am not wrong. All signs prove that he can't fall for me so he lied about his feelings.

End of the story.

I should think and worry about more important stuff.

How did I become like this ?

So fragile and anxious.

Because of a man who doesn't deserve all of this.

The next day I wore my best shirt and pencil skirt and took the bus to work.

I said hello to the building security man, checked the mailbox and took the elevator.

I opened the office and started doing my chores as usual when a man knocked at the door.

" Good morning Mrs" he said.

He was a tall black guy with a really classy suit and a really charming smile holding some papers in his hand.

" Good morning" I said.

" You are Brown's new assistant ? " he asked.

" Yes I am " I replied with a smile.

" I am Shawn Miller, I am the psychiatrist, my office is just next to yours" he said.

" Oh, yeah, I am Gwen Baker" I said shaking his hand.

" Nice to meet you Mrs Baker" he said grinning.

" Nice to meet you too Mr Miller, but call me Gwen please" I said laughing.

" Same for you, Gwen" he said.

" Okay"

" Actually I came here because you did a little tiny mistake" he said laughing.

" What ? " my heart dropped.

" You took by mistake, the papers in my mailbox" he said.

Shit.

I went to my office to check on the mails to find them actually in the name of Shawn Miller.

Stupid girl.

" I am so sorry I must have taken them without paying attention to the mailbox, here they are, all of them" I said handing them to him.

" It's okay, we all sometimes do things without paying attention" he said handing me other mails.

" Those are yours, I thought to bring them for you when I take mine so you wouldn't have to go back down for them" he said.

This man is gentle.

" Thank you so much, you are so nice" I said.

" But how did you know that it was me who took them ? " I wondered.

" I asked the security man about who came before me to the building and he said it was that new young lady so I thought it was Brown's assistant, the new lady in this building, besides, our mails boxes are next to each other, so I realized you might've taken them by accident" he explained.

" That's what happened" I said laughing.

" Nice to meet you again Gwen, have a nice day" he said.

" Thank you " I said as he left the office.