Chapter 14

" Fuck drive Mason, fast!" I yelled as I pressed on her wound so she won't bleed more.

" what the fuck happened, I thought you were behind us!" I snapped.

" One of them grabbed my leg and I couldn't pull away from him but Gwen saved me, she fought them all and got us out." Mady explained.

" This was my fault , I souldn't have left you without checking behind me" I said frustrated.

" No it's my fault, I should have noticed them coming way sooner" Mason said.

" No hey, it's okay, it's no one's fault, it's just a cut and it will be alright okay? please don't worry guys" Gwen reassured.

Gwen's Pov:

I could see the fear in Daniel's eyes, he was too worried pressing on my hand and holding me close to him as if I was going to be taken from him.

When we arrived, they took me to a room full of med kits and medicine. It was like a small pharmacy.

It seems like they were used to getting hurt doing this dangerous job.

" Here, hold this with your teeth, 'cause it's gonna hurt like hell" Mady said as handed me wooden stick.

Then Lea approached with alcohol and a needle and started stitching my cut.

I flinched and I could see that Daniel flinched as if he felt it too.

" Hey, be careful!" Daniel snapped at her and she shot him a glare.

" It's okay, I am used to it" I said reassuring them but they were even more worried. Especially Daniel.

and I wondered, how would they look at me if they knew about my past and my father.

it's not like they had the best childhood either. But no one would survive what I lived back when I was just a kid.

After Lea finished with my wound, I thanked her and checked the text message I kept receiving, it was Shawn.

Shit, I forgot about the get-together he invited me to.

I stood up but Daniel stopped me.

" Where are you going?" He asked.

" home?" I said.

" No, you should stay here" he said.

" No, I have to go and check on Fred" I lied.

" I am fine, I promise" I said reassuring him.

" Let me drive you" he insisted.

Shit. why is he so worried and caring like this?

" No, you have to rest like everyone else Daniel, I'll call an Uber"

" Okay at least take my car" he said and Lea turned to face us surprised.

" Really? you're giving her your car? I never thought of you this caring and soft" she said.

why is she so surprised?

" She fucking risked her life to save Mady, this is the least I can do" he said shooting her a glare.

" Hey, it's fine, I'll just call an Uber" I said.

" No, just take the keys" He said putting his car keys on hand and then left.

" You're gonna be alright?" Mason asked.

" Yeah"

" Call us if you needed anything" Mady added.

I nodded, took the car and left.