Chapter 26

When the cops pushed us to stay on our knees we looked up where the other team was watching and Daniel signed them to run away.

So they did before the police notices them.

They took us to the station and put us in separate cells but sided.

"How did they know about us? For years now and this never happened! " Daniel said walking back and forth in his cell.

" Does that mean that it's not only me who got arrested for the first time? " I asked teasing.

" It's not a good time for joking Gwen, this is serious we have to know howvthey knew about us, this can threaten the whole business" he said.

" Why do you care ? We're already fucked! We're not going to get out to do another business at all" I said.

" What ? Of course we're getting out, why do you think they didn't investigate with us huh ? " He asked and that made me wonder.

" For them we're under-covered federal employees, they can't just press charges unless the federal we're working says so, and he's not" he whispered standing close, looking at my eyes, only the bars separating us.

" What ? Why didn't I know about that? And who's the federal we're..."

I just realized.

" Ethan, oh my god, Ethan is a filthy federal! " I said shocked and Daniel shushed me for saying it out loud.

" They're going to hear you ! Calm down ! " He said.

" Oh my god, why didn't you tell me ? Why didn't I know ? Why didn't anyone tell me for god's sake ! " I said holding the bars.

" He asked us to not tell you, otherwise you wouldn't accept to work with us," he said.

" Fuck you ! Fuck him ! Fuck all of you !" I said hitting the bars and he took my hands to stop me from making the noises.

" Quiet Gwen ! Do you want to get your ass out of here or not? Be quiet until he arrives, and then we'll talk ! " He said looking deep into my eyes.

" What else I don't know about huh ? What else you're hiding from me? " I snapped but he didn't answer. Instead, he looked down and dropped my hands.

He sat on the floor with his back facing the bars.

" Take some rest, you must be exhausted" he said closing his eyes.

I shot him a glare and sat down leaning on the bars facing my back to his.

" Under covered huh ? " I said.

" Yes we are" he replied.

" How smart can he be, running such business, with such tightness and order, with no mistake, with no failure, owning such wealth and strength? What else could he ask the world for ? " I said.

" Believe me, you don't wanna know" Daniel replied from behind me.

He is being so mysterious these days, and this is giving me bad thoughts.

" People like him, they never stop, they never get satisfied, never get tried. They don't care who they hurt, who they destroy. What damage do they leave. They only care about themselves and what they desire in this fucking world" he said.

" Yeah, tell me about it. I am a daughter of one of those" I said.

" Yeah, me too" he said catching me off guard.

" But Ethan is not your father, you could have escaped any time" I said.

" My father was Ethan's partner" he said after taking a deep breath.