Chapter 20

" I am still so mad at you for beating Shawn, you know" she said as I was driving.

" He is a jerk, he deserved that" I said.

" But he did nothing to you, and he was nice to me" she said.

" I don't care, he must have stepped away when I first told him so, but instead he was going after you, taking you to his house, trying to kiss you, I can't just let him do that and stand watching" I admitted.

" But nothing happened between us, I told you we spent the night together because it's true but nothing happened, it's not like I would dare to look at another guy and make out with him even when I am too drunk, even when I am too angry at you" she said and I felt like a knife has stabbed me in my chest.

She wouldn't dare, but I did.

I fucking slept with another girl because I was too drunk, too angry.

What a stupid man I am.

" I feel like this is all my fault, you became enemies because of me" she added.

" Hey, hey ! Don't say that, you did nothing wrong, okay ? And let's please move on , we agreed that we put everything in the past away, so let's keep on that" I said.

" Okay, but promise me, don't do what you did to Shawn to anybody ever again, for whatever reason is" she warned.

" Even the men we face in our missions? " I teased.

" You know what I mean" she said.

" Okay, I promise, if he didn't give me a reason to" I admitted.

" What do you mean ? " she asked.

" I mean I won't touch any guy if he didn't step close to you" I explained.

" But that's not what I said ! "

" Yeah, that's what I said" I said and pulled up when I arrived at her house.

" I just can't stand anyone being close to you, nether the less someone who can hurt you" I said leaning on her and kissed her.

" You are such a pain in the ass, you know that right ?" she said laughing and got out of the car.

" Yeah I know" I said and followed her inside the house.

" So what are you planning for tonight? " I asked and laid on her bed watching her as she changes.

" Fred's chemo results came out today and they were all good, he is recovering and he will get out so soon, I am just so so happy" she said with so much excitement.

" That's great news! We should celebrate" I said standing up.

" I know right ! That's what he said too, so you and I are going to take him somewhere nice so we can all have fun and get him back to the hospital" she said.

" I know quite the place," I said and zipped her dress.

" Thank you" she said and turned around to kiss me.

" So what is the place ?"

" Lucky Strike, I assume Fred like to move his ass a bit after sleeping more than a month in beds" I said.

" That's a fantastic idea, he loves Bowling ! " she said and kissed me on my cheek leaving me a mark of her unfinished lipstick.

" I should be ready in five minutes" she said wiping the lipstick off of me.

" You added more five minutes for redoing the lipstick now" I teased and grabbed her to kiss her.

" Nope ! No ! You are making us late, Fred must be waiting hard for me now" she laughed and run away.