Chapter 22

" Gwen ! Wait! Gwen" I called as she started rushing her steps to leave Lea's house.

I run and stood in front of her.

" Wait, please, it's not like what you're thinking, let me explain" I said.

" Not like what I am thinking ? Then how was it huh ? Did you fuck her or not ? " She yelled.

" Gwen, please I... "

" Did you fuck her or not ! " she yelled even louder.

" Yes ! Yes ! But it was a long time ago, it was that night when I thought that you and Shawn slept together, I got drunk and she was there and I don't ...even remember what happened exactly, I woke up the next morning with her beside me all naked. I never wanted this to happen Gwen, especially not after I met you" I explained.

" Then why didn't you tell me ? Why did you keep it away from me ? Why did you let her use that against me like she did today ! She was happy in her mind because she slept with you, she was thinking she was winning while I was thinking that you'd never look at her that way, I trusted you, I never thought about anything when I see you with her alone ! I was dumb ! " She cried.

" No you're not ! It only happened once and it would never happen again ! Even if I wasn't with you, it was a mistake and I am sorry for keeping it away from you, I am sorry for letting you know this way, I thought by opening a new chapter with you I wouldn't have to tell you about it! It was before everything !" I admitted.

" But this is different Daniel ! It's Lea we're talking about ! Didn't you think she would use it to hurt me ? To break us ? And she did, and you let her by not telling me before, you let her feel like she won against me, you let her ruin us ! " She cried and pushed me away.

" Gwen, no ! " I called and turned back to stop her from going but she had already stopped.

" Fred ! " she said and I looked up to see Fred stepping away from a taxi car.

" Fred ? What are you doing here ?" she said her voice shaking.

Please God, don't tell me it's happening.

" How could you ? Huh ? How could you do such thing ? " He said stepping close to her.

" What are you talking about Fred ? " she asked even more stressed.

" After all these years I treated you like the daughter I never had, I dedicated my life, my soul to you ! I fucking quit being a mercenary to protect you from people like him ! To let you have the normal life you never had, to raise you to become the rightful person you should be ! And you go fucking working with him ! Him ! " He snapped.

That's when I know he was talking about Ethan.

" Fred... "

" Don't fucking Fred me, you're leaving this city now! I can't let him take you away again ! I can't let him have you again and use you ! " He said and started pulling her away.

Again ?

" Fred wait ! " she said as she pulled off.

" Tell me who are you talking about ? " she cried.

" He is talking about Ethan Rodger" I admitted.

" What ? But how did you know I am working with him ? " She asked.

" What ! Working with him ? You are fucking working with him ! He is a fucking criminal ! He was..."

" Did you tell him ? " she asked me cutting him off.

" What ? Of course not ! " I replied.

" I saw the email he sent you this morning on your laptop when I was using it, and it wasn't hard for me to know that his niece is having a birthday party tonight, nor her house address, I wished I was wrong, I wished I wouldn't find you here, but you are here ! And you ? I fucking trusted you man ! " He said looking at me.

" Fred, let me explain it, okay, I just needed the money and Ethan offered me a job so I worked with him and..."

" You worked with him as what ? His tracer right ? because you're good at parkour, and you too, you are one of his tracers, I know he would find you someday, I know he would plan for it in another way, I know he wouldn't just give up" he said and took her hand again.

Plan for it in another way ?

What the fuck are you planning for Ethan ?

I knew from the first day he hired Gwen with us that he was planning something.

But Fred knows it.

" Planning for what Fred ? " I asked.

He wasn't talking clearly, his thoughts were troubled.

" You don't know ? Of course you don't know, I bet you're a part of his plan too" he said.

" Can someone explain this shit to me ? " Gwen yelled.

"You're going to know as soon as I get you out of here, I should get you away from him or he..." he said and suddenly he put his hand on his right arm.

" Fred are you okay ? " she asked.

I run to catch him before he falls.

" Fred ! " she called again but he was stroking.

Fuck !

I called 911 and they came five minutes later.

He was already passed out.

They took him to the hospital when they found out that he had a stroke, so they started hitting him with an electric shock.

First hit.

No response.

Wake up Fred, you're the only one who can tell me what the hell is Ethan planning for.

Second hit.

No response.

Gwen was crying his name out loud.

Don't fucking leave this girl, wake up !

Third hit.

No response.

The doctors looked back to Gwen informing her about her loss.

Frederick Baker, died.