Chapter 12

" Have a nice day at work baby, I love you" I said hugging Shawn with one hand.

He was shocked. And I don't blame him.

I am even more shocked at what I just did.

I looked back at Chad who was even more shocked than both of us.

" Can I help you sir ? " I asked with a fake innocent tone.

" Uh, no, I am actually leaving, thank you" he said and run to the stairs.

" Ugh finally ! " I said pulling off from Shawn.

" Okay, what was that ? " he asked laughing.

I almost forgot he was still here.

"Oh, sorry, it's just a stupid move I had to make to pull that guy away from me, he was on my nerves since the first day he came to Daniel and I am tired of him, I tried all ways to push him away he kept getting even closer, so when you showed up I thought of acting as if you were my boyfriend, hoping he would run away, and he did, finally, so thank you for not blowing me off in front of him" I explained.

" You are crazy" he said laughing.

" I know" I admitted.

" But let me say it, it was a nice kiss" he said laughing.

" Oh thank you" I said laughing with him.

" Mrs Baker ? I thought your pause is at 1 pm not now" Daniel said from behind me catching us off guard.

What's wrong with anyone freaking me out today ?

" I am sorry, I am just..."

" To office, now" he said and walked back to the office.

" I am sorry, bye" I said to Shawn waving him goodbye and rushed behind Daniel.

" I don't want to see you outside your office once again without taking permission, is that clear?" he said with a cold tone.

" Yeah, that won't happen again" I said and he nodded and put some files on my desk going to his office.

Weeks passed, and I spent the days either at the hospital or at work with my –now annoying strict boss- or practicing with the tracers some parkour and having real fun together.

Except for Daniel who was distant, he was avoiding eye contact with me, or even talking to me.

The tracers noticed that and kept saying comments about it but Daniel shut them off somehow.

It was a rainy day, I took the bus as usual to work and when I arrived I found Shawn standing in front of the mailboxes talking to the security man.

" Good morning gentlemen," I said to them.

" Good morning young lady" they said back to me.

" Wait for me at the elevator please" Shawn said.

" Okay, I'll hold it for you" I said and went to the elevator when he arrived he pressed the floor number and leaned at the wall.

He started talking about a crazy patient who broke at his house yesterday and I couldn't stop laughing as he was telling the story.

" What are your plans for the weekend ? " he asked.

Hospital, parkour, hospital, parkour.

" Nothing, just chilling at home" I lied.

" Cool, so I can ask you to come to my get-together tomorrow?" he said.

" Okay, why not" I said smiling.

" Cool, so I'll send you the address and time" he said.

" Okay" I said as I stepped out the elevator.