Prologue

⚠️Warning: mentions of neglect and bullying 

Y/N pov

The year 2007 (8 years old)

I was in my house and my mom was still working. My dad left us when I was four years old he just disappeared I don't remember much of him I just know he had dark hair. When he was gone my mom started to have depression it was also hard for her because my dad left a lot of debt in our hands. Well after my mom when to a therapist and was getting better from her depression and that's when she met Jonh.
She met John at her therapist because apparently he also had some problems. Jonh is my stepdad he was nice to me at first but then he showed me his when he found out about my problem. When he was trying to help me with my homework and then he hit me because I got it wrong he scream at me and said  I was stupid.

What's my problem you may ask is that I have a learning disability. I also didn't have friends because of my learning disability they would either ignore me or bully me I only had one friend her name was Sophia she was nice and she treated me like the other kids

Anyway, John was watching me until my mom comes back

I was in my room and he was in the living room downstairs. My mom was a good mom to me. She would play with me would talk to me we would sometimes go to the mall so she can make me feel better cuz of school but now my mom was always tired when she came home we still went shopping together from time to time but it was not like we used to. After a while John called me I was excited to see my mom but what John said to me made me want to cry.

John: the hospital called me and said that your mom got into a car accident and she couldn't make it the doctors did what they could but they couldn't it was too late

Y/n: NOOOOOOO

I felt as if I was in a nightmare this couldn't happen she was the only one who loved me and treated me like a person.

Time skip

12 years after

It was hard because my mother died 12 years ago. Now I am living with my grandparents because John ran away. My grandfather was also a little bit rough but my grandmother was technically my best friend. I'm very closed off now I don't like talking to people I also am afraid of people and there's one more thing that also changed about myself I also hate people.

I was in my room when my grandmother knocked on the door.

Grandmother: Hey Y/n may I come in?

Y/n: Of course grandma

Grandmother: okay Y/n listen to me so I and your grandfather decided to send you to a psychiatric hospital because I don't know what to do with you right now you are always in your room you barely come out of it. You only come out of it when it's time to eat you don't talk to me like you used to and also sometimes you scare me do you remember when we went outside and we saw the dead bird you said 'it should have died anyway

Y/n: okay Grandma I think I need to.

Grandmother: yeah what when you were seven you saw a bird dead and you said 'awwwwwww is it, dead grandma'

Y/n: ok grandma when am I going to the psychiatric hospital?

Grandmother: Two months from now

Time skip

Two Months Later

Today was the day that I was going to a psychiatric hospital I said goodbye to my grandma and grandpa and kiss my grandma's cheek and my grandfather's cheek and went inside.

The secretary told me where was my room and gave me the key and schedule. hopefully, I will get my soul mark. I just hope my soulmate will wait for me or I get to meet them.