Chapter 4: Background story of Jisoo

Warning: mentions of abuse and rape and bullying
Jisoo pov
The year 2010 (15 years old)
I just got off school to go to my dad's house. My mom and dad are divorced my mom lives with her new husband and they don't live in Korea they live in Japan because my stepdad is Japanese. So I live with my dad in sanbondong, Gunpo-si in Korea. My dad is an alcoholic and he's also a drug addict when I was twelve he started hitting me and kicking me and sexually abusing me. I get bullied at school cuz they bully me because I'm kind of a nerd and I only focus on my grades and I don't have a boyfriend. I'm waiting for my soulmates or soulmate I sometimes fantasize about them. Anyway, I go home and my dad just got to the door he started screaming at me because I was late because I went to the convenience store down the street because I was hungry.
Dad: WHERE WERE YOU LITTLE BITCH?
Jisoo: Dad I just went to the convenience store down the street
Dad: AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE ALLOWED TO GO TO THE STORE SLUT?
Jisoo: I am sorry dad I was hungry
Dad: go to your room and don't come back until I call you for your punishment.
Jisoo: O-Ok d-dad
So I ran to my room ate my candy bar and waited for my dad to call me.

20 minutes later
Dad: HEY SLUT COME TO THE BASEMENT NOW
Jisoo: coming dad
I went to the basement I was scared because that's where normally he sexually assaulted me. I went to the basement and saw a chair middle of the room he has standing next to it he told me to sit down on the chair and look in front of me. The basement smells old and cold and dark there were no windows. So I looked in front of me and he flashed a very powerful light in my eyes I couldn't see he did that for about 30 minutes after that. I thought he stopped but he turned it back again and did that for an hour. I felt like my eyes were burning. I can see the light after that he said for me to go to my room the problem is even with the light on I couldn't see. I only saw black.
The next day I went to school I still couldn't see if this continues if all day I can't see I'm going to the hospital. I was at school I couldn't see my bullies it was scary not seeing anything so I decided after school I was going to the hospital. Someone at school saw that I was struggling and he asked if I wanted help I said yeah sure I was scared that it was one of my bullies but it was not. After the guy got me to the hospital he went home.
So I went to the hospital
Nurse: Hi may I help you, young lady?
Jisoo: yes, please
Nurse: what's your problem honey?
Jisoo: I can't see, all I see is black
Nurse: okay I'll call the doctor to wait over here
She helped me sit down on the chair. After that, the doctor came to me and told me to come with him got out of hand and I grabbed it so I could see.
Doctor: so the nurse told me what's wrong with you she told me you couldn't see anything and the only thing you saw was black what happened to you to get this feeling?
Jisoo: M-My D-Dad
Doctor: what did your dad do?
Jisoo: Flash a very powerful light in my eyes?
Doctor: okay let me see your eyes
The doctor asked me if I could see some pictures I guess. I couldn't see anything. He thought it would be a good idea for me to stay here in the hospital just to see if in a couple of days I can see.

6 days after
I could still see the doctor was thinking of me having eye surgery but since I don't have money and I didn't want my dad to know that. He thought it would be a good idea to put me in a mental hospital. So I was going to get transferred there in about 3 years. They called my mom from Japan after she heard the news she came right away so she flew to Korea to Stay With Me until I reach 18. I was scared that my dad was going to find me but my mom told me he got arrested he's been there for like 10 years and then he's out. Sometimes I wish he would die or something.

3 years later
I'm ready in the mental Hospital
It was hard to make friends but after. I made friends with a girl her name was Jennie she was cool after I hang out. I got a sparkling sensation Jennie looked at my wrist and my back and saw that I had a butterfly tattoo and I guess had her initials and her friend's initials so she put two and two together and we found out we were soulmates I was so happy I was literally crying.

 I got a sparkling sensation Jennie looked at my wrist and my back and saw that  I had a butterfly tattoo and  I guess had her initials and her friend's initials so she put two and two together and we found out we were soulmates I was so happy I w...