A New Life | Squidnoblade

"Squid! Squid!"
"Dave!"
    "It's been two years, I'm so happy to see you again."
"Yeah I know, it's been so freaking long.:
"Kingly duties ya know."
"Yeah." We used to play together everyday, but we're older now. We don't do that anymore. We don't even talk anymore.
"Come back here Squid! I'm gonna tag you!"
"No please, have mercy."
"NO!" Those were the good days, when my parents were still around. I was able to play all the time. Those were the days when I didn't have to balance school work, kingly duties and watching Tommy.
You should be happy to be king, anyone would die to be in your position, is what I try to tell myself everyday. I wish I could elect one of them.
"Squid?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you wanna run away with me? GIve Tommy the crown and live the rest of our lives as commonfolk?" Squid was the eldest son of a powerful warlord with more than enough of pressure on his back.
    "Techno, we can't leave. We have duties we must fulfill, lives to live. We can't just leave."
    "As you said, we have lives to live. We shouldn't waste them being things we don't want to be. That our little siblings would die to be." Those two sentences were enough to convince him.
    And like that, we rode into the sunset, with a new life awaiting us.

(This one is kinda shit since I cannot write anything that's not super angsty or dark, I'm sorry)