Prophecies | Technoblade

Life is like the universe, endless wonders, and endless possibilities.

"Technoblade. You are light. You are love. You are the universe. Wake up."

I heard the same thing every night. It was like a prophecy, something telling me to do great things in life. The Universe was calling me, like I was a hero, a god meant to do great things.

"Technoblade. The world is waiting for you. You must use your life to do great things. To end the suffering of millions."

I was born with a prophecy. One out of billions my parents told me. They told me that only a few other living members of society were born with one.

'On the longest night of the year, a child will be born. This child will bring pain, suffering, but with it joy. It will be a light in the world, but to keep that light forever, on it's 21st birthday, it must perish. Alone, on it's own free will or light will never return. If it does not sacrifice though, light will perish, but joy will not. And it will forever be an emblem of light, of hope.'

My parents never told me my prophecy. Not until I overheard them on the night of my 20th birthday. "He only has a year, a year before he has to make this difficult choice. Do we tell him?"

"He still has a year, it will be okay."

"But it's such a hard choice, what if he needs a long time to decide?"

"Mom, dad?" I came out of the shadows, "What are you talking about?"

"Oh Techno, it's nothing. You don't need to worry." Both parents tried to reassure me.

"I heard what you were saying, what about a difficult choice on my 21st birthday?"

"Techno, you really don't have to worry.." My dad told me.

"Tell me. I need to know my prophecy, I'm 20 already."

"Techno," my mom tried to hold back tears as she spoke, "Techno, you must make a choice. If you don't sacrifice yourself on your own free will, all light on this planet will perish. We will live in darkness forever."

I interrupted her, "Then sign me up."

"Techno, that's only half the prophecy, the other half says that if you do not sacrifice, we will live in darkness, but you Technoblade, you will be a symbol of light. Of hope."

"No, I will go. I will brave death alone. I will do it for the good of the planet." My parents were absolutely heart-broken by this. They couldn't believe what I just said. They didn't want to see me leave.

"Techno, are you sure? You're still so young.." My parents were in tears, they didn't want their child to leave.

"Yes mother, I will go. Just remember me, remember the sacrifice I made."

That night I heard someone in my sleep. "Technoblade, are you sure? You have a long and prosperous life ahead of you, why cut it off so short?"

Huh, even the great gods of my dreams don't want me to leave.

The year passed much faster than I was hoping it would. I did as much as I could, but it wasn't enough to satisfy me. I would never do enough. Maybe bringing light to this world will satisfy this thirst. Maybe bringing the peace back to my society will do so. I thought as I climbed the stairs to the temple. The temple where so many prophetic children had sacrificed themselves already. Sometimes I wish I wasn't born like this. I wish I could live a long life, and accomplish more. But sometimes I'm glad to be like this. I'm glad that they chose me to fulfil this role. They chose me to help my planet, and that's what I will do.

I muttered quietly, "Goodbye world," as I jumped into the portal, the portal of the unknown.

(If you have any thoughts, questions or feedback, please tell me.)