Like A Butterfly (I-Land Geonu)

♡♡♡♡♡

This is quite heavy, I think.✌

Listen in their version of Butterfly while you read this.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Butterflies cannot see their wings. But the rest of the world can,
---You. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL and while you may not see it, we can.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

One mistake. Only one mistake and all the good things you've done to them was ignored, that you fall into a solitude for your own peace.

You become a recluse.

And you know what they will still say?

You're the bad guy. No matter what you do, you can't take back the life who had been snapped out that day.

Like a butterfly, you cannot see your wings that had been let down for too long.

Like a butterfly, he will come guiding you back to the sky and then you'll see how you desire for this person to come all along.

And you'll forever hold the memory of meeting him in that gloomy morning.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

You're awake and could not sleep, your eyes tearing up and staring at the ceiling as the breaking of the glasses echoed through the whole small house. You can hear them again fighting.

Or more like your stepfather hurting your mother again. Her whimpers and pleas for him to stop is something you will never forget before you get enough of this miserable life and take matters into your own hands.

Opening the door of your room as quiet as you could, You gasped at what your eyes had stumbled to--your heart beating fast in fright as you see him raising a knife towards your mother who's back is turned as she pitifully cried down there, hugging her knees like a child.

A child? How come she could act like that when your whole life as a child, she didn't bother to care for you but flirted with all the disgusting men she could get?

And now, here's her karma.

But before he could get to stab the knife, clearly intended on her back and directly to where her heart is situated,

Your body moved on it's own and race ahead.

The next thing you know was your mother screaming in horror, her eyes looking at you as if she's seeing another person, a monster and not her daughter.

Then you look down, the eyes of the real monster were glazed, his hands holding onto the knife you had steal away from his grasp and do what he intended to your mother on him.

You had done it. You have stabbed him deeply and with all of your hatred urging for you to end it, you pressed the knife deeper in the soft skin while you slowly lost your sanity on how good it feels for the blood to come out staining your hands.

Staining your innocence.

"You're a monster", was the last thing you heard from him before he took his last breath in your own control. He slumped down like a rag to the floor, your mother looking at you in horror, confirming what he said might be the truth.