Mid Summer Memories (I-Land Kyungmin)

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I was supposed to be writing for Niki but the plot of this came on my mind and thought Kyungmin suited the story.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

The life you always thought you wanted before you knew any different. The sea change you didn't see coming, the sweeping vistas, and cotton candy sunsets.

The meeting point between you imagined it would be and how it has transpired. The willingness to take a chance on something that could take you somewhere new.

The dream you persuaded to give up on, or the one that you were coaxed into following.

Who you love and who loves you back determines so much in your life.

-Lang Leav, Who You Love

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

The sweltering heat of the early summer had made you buy a tab of ice cream for the third time. Your roommate, Thea, looks at you in judgement, saying how you could've a sore throat if you go for four.

You try to offer some, though she doesn't like it and it's on a diet, focusing more on veggies and you two were starting to talk about the broken aircon when your phone rings in your bed.

Expecting it from your boss, you quickly grab it. "This is Y/N L/N. How may I help you, Sir?"

"Sir? Since when did I become an old man in your eyes!?"

You're surprised to hear Bona's voice on the other line, for the reason it's been a couple of month since you have last catch up on each other back in your home town

"You have to come up here in Honolulu again!", Bona literally shouted into her ears through the phone. "As my bestfriend, you should be on my wedding day"

You frown, shocked because you didn't knew she even have a new boyfriend. "Wedding? With who?"

"You know him very well from your summer vacations here with me, Y/N", Bona squaeled before she said the name. "It's Jo Kyungmin!"

When you heard the name, you felt everything in that moment falling out, your heart, your body and the world around you as you swallow to breath, but you felt weak anyway.

It has been a long time yet why does that name affected you in this way?

"Y/N?", Bona questioned, not receiving any answer. "Are you still there? Why didn't you reply?"

"I'm just speechless because that's our childhood crush, right?" You thanked yourself for the fast lie.

"Yes and I can't really believe it that we once dream of him and now one of us ended up to marry Kyungmin", She told you, really showing how happy she is.

And not knowing in the process, She's hurting you.

"So will you come?", Bona added, "I really would love you to be my Maid of Honor"

You swallowed again and closed your eyes before you lied. "Do you really think I wouldn't let pass the chance of seeing my bestfriend for life's wedding?"