Three

She jolted when she heard a loud noise coming from outside. She blinked and stared at her ceiling. There it was again; the noise. Someone was shouting at something. She also heard something like beeping sound. She sat up and waited for her brain to start functioning then started stretching her body.

"What the heck? It's Saturday for goodness' sake!" She complained to no one as she dragged herself to her little balcony.

Squinted and frowned, trying to adjust her vision to the bright surrounding. There she saw the busy construction-slash-renovation of her neighbor's house.

"I want to go back to sleep but..." She sighed. When she was about to turn around towards her room, someone shouted her name.

"Engineer Kim!"

Her eyes widened. She wasn't in her best state right now.

There are so manyEngineer Kims out there. Maybe not me.

She nodded to herself and was about to enter her bedroom again when someone shouted her full name.

"Kim Taeyeon! Engineer!"

She groaned. She straightened her hair and her old oversized shirt in a split second before turning around. She smiled curtly to that person.

"Mister Park!" She waved.

The man waved back. His grin widened. She saw him moving his lips and that was when Taeyeon noticed the person beside him. Her throat hitched when their eyes met.

Holy sh-. That's some fine woman you got there, Mister.

They stared at each for who knows how long. The woman's lips moved to talk to the Mister Park while still in a staring contest with Taeyeon. Taeyeon grew uncomfortable under her gaze. She cleared her throat and shifted. She broke the gaze and stared at her T-shirt instead. She frowned.

Why on earth am I wearing this? Ugh.

"Engineer Kim!" She heard him again.

She smiled at him and bowed slightly, beckoning him to say what he wanted to say. She felt the gaze again but her eyes remained on the man beside that woman, refusing to melt under that beautiful eyes. She swore under her breath when she felt her heart quickened its pace.

"Check your phone!" The man shouted back again. "I sent you something!"

She merely raised an eyebrow.

"See you later, Engineer Kim!"

She couldn't even shout her reply back when the man bowed. She bowed at him again and they walked away, toward the busy men.

"What was that about?" She muttered. She remembered to check the man's message and quickly went inside her bedroom to find her cellphone. "Where is it?"

"Unnie!"

She found it inside the tangled blanket. She was checking the messages and emails when her door was knocked. "It's not locked. Come in."

Lisa came in view. "Is this yours?" She held up a rabbit designed underwear - a panty.

Taeyeon choked in air when she looked up. "No! Where did you even get that?!"

The younger just shrugged. It washer turn to do the laundry that weekend.

"How 'bout this," Lisa then held up a turtle designed underwear. "Is this yours?"

Taeyeon laughed out loud this time. "No! My underwears are plain! What the heck?!"

Lisa stared at her in confusion then disappeared behind the doors.