Seven

For a moment, she had been thinking why the hell was this happening to her. Sure, the world was just fair, because it really was unfair to everyone. But if she was going to rate how unlucky she was, she was probably in the top. She cursed under her breath, cursed her boss, the producer, the editor, all of them. She wanted to yell at them and say that she deserved better.

"Damn luck. You are so hard to grasp."

Wendy walked a little further and suddenly cursed the road too. Why was Taeyeon's house so far away? It was not. She was just so pissed and disappointed and sad to make her feet function at the moment. She liked walking to be honest. But right now, all she wanted was to curl up in her sheets and reflect on her life.

She suddenly remembered her apartment. The landlord wanted her to move out, probably because she was barely there anyway. But that was not it. The rent was just too expensive for her these past few months. She wanted to tell Taeyeon about it. But the oldest had her own worries and problems.

She sighed. Her parent's words were ringing into her ears like it was a broken record, playing again and again and mocking her.

"Music isn't for everyone. You won't succeed in that area. Just because you are good in singing, doesn't mean everything will go according to your plan. Life is not like that."

She closed her eyes. She wanted to curse out loud. She wanted to care less. She wanted to just... prove herself.

The OST she thought that could be her big break was pulled away from her. It wasn't hers in the first place. The famous ballad singer declined the offer, and the producers just wanted her to replace that singer. She was happy nonetheless. She got to sing a song, record it, and use it for a drama. But all of it was too good to be true. She had been working harder, but life was just so unfair. The ballad singer popped out of nowhere, demanded for the OST, and just like that, Wendy Wendy was out of the picture.

"But I already recorded the song!" She argued to the producer.

But he just stared at her, annoyed of her outburst. "Yeah yeah. The original singer wanted it back, so what?" He dismissively said and went inside the recording studio, where the brat ballad singer was recording.

She looked at the door, couldn't believe what was happening.

Wendy felt hopeless, but she was a hardworker. Yes, that was right. She stopped walking for a moment, closed her eyes and inhaled a lungful of air, then smiled.

"The heck is with you?"

She snapped her eyes open, and revealed a frowning Jisoo in front of her. She didn't notice Taeyeon's gate. And if it wasn't for Jisoo speaking out of nowhere, she'd be walking endless. Wendy eyed Jisoo for a bit and noticed the usual get up of the chicken lover. Comfortable clothes. Of course. Jisoo loved comfortable clothes. She was just like the second Taeyeon of the house. Sweatpants, hoodie and sneakers. She even wore her favorite beanie. Typical Jisoo.

"Where are you going?" Wendy asked.

Jisoo shrugged. Her hands went inside her sweatpants' pocket. "The mini mart. Want something?"

Wendy turned to the gate when it opened. Seulgi clumsily tripped her right foot on the metal door. She was wearing her typical get up too; short shorts and a black tee, paired with her favorite Converse Chuck Taylor.

"Oh? You're home early." Seulgi casually said. "We are going to the mini mart. Want something?"

"I already asked her that."

"I'll go with you. Wait for me, I'll just get rid of this." She brought up her shoulder bag.

The two nodded and Wendy went inside the yard and into the house. It was quiet when she went in. Taeyeon and Lisa were probably still at work.