Seventeen

"Why the heck are you so loud? It's evening, Wannie. Be considerate to our neighbors." Seulgi removed her shoes and her coat before going straight to the kitchen.

Wendy shot her a glare. "Where have you been?" She yelled, her voice echoed through the household. She stood up and turned off the karaoke player and the TV then went into the kitchen. "You know that Fany and friends are having dinner here, right?" She snatched the can of beer from Seulgi and drank from it.

"Of course. That's why I already ate dinner." She smirked to herself, but deep down she was sorry to her friends. She laughed lightly when Wendy hit her arm.

"Unnie will get mad."

"What am I supposed to do then?" Seulgi said defensively. Her eyes were filled with irritation, irritated not to Wendy, but to her situation and to herself. "I can't possibly sit there, eat like nothing's wrong with me."

Ages ago...

"Hirai!"

Momo squealed and hugged her friend. "So you're the new and hot choreographer!" She squealed again while shaking Seulgi's shoulders.

Seulgi had her wide smile as she hugged her friend back. "We're going to work together!"

They jumped excitedly and didn't notice the dark aura coming from their boss who was just a couple of feet away from them. The boss scoffed and rolled her eyes then left the practice room in the process.

Seulgi and Momo heard the murmurs and the loud banging of the door. The first frowned. "What is going on?"

Momo just shrugged.

-

She skipped her way toward the elevator to go up to her boss' office. Her smile never left her face, she was excited to see her. Seulgi fixed her hair and her clothes before stepping out of the metal box. The assistant raised an eyebrow at her. "Is Irene unnie here?"

"MISS BAE is busy." The assistant emphasized.

Seulgi ignored her. "Really?" She checked her watch. "But it's lunch already." She composed a text message again and sent it to Irene.

The assistant had shooed her away but Seulgi remained in the area and chose to wait for Irene. Her messages were sent but there were no replies from the woman. Seulgi sighed. "I'm hungry." She pouted.

Her feet sprang into life when the office door opened. Irene finally popped out with a scowl in her face. "Tell this to the boy group: Practice until midnight. That's their punishment." She slammed her door, her steps were heavy on her way to the elevator, leaving a scared assistant.

Seulgi immediately ran to follow her. "Unnie!"

The woman frowned. "What are you doing here?" She yanked the arm that was on her wrist and started to walk again.

Seulgi still followed her. She noticed the foul mood, so she cautiously asked Irene, "Are you okay?"

"..."

"I texted you, Unnie."

"..."

"I was thinking maybe we could have lunch, but..." She nearly bit her tongue when Irene suddenly faced her. Her heart raced, but with nervousness, as she saw how the woman had looked at her like she hated her.

"I'm busy. Stop pestering me." She said coldly then stepped out of the lift.

Seulgi exhaled.