Eighteen

----------

"Daddy?!"

Taeyeon coughed, some of the wine spitted out of her mouth and her nose. She got teary eyed for coughing. "W-water." She told Seulgi who was patting her back.

Tiffany's friends just resumed what they were doing, while Taeyeon's friends were worried for her, simply because the father of her girlfriend was there and that was terrifying. For Taeyeon, it was a matter of life and death.

Thoughts were running through her mind, some encouraging, and most were just... suicidal?

Wtf. What if he's against our relationship?! Waenyeol?! We haven't reached our six-month yet! And before she could tell Tiffany that she was going home, the latter was already outside the house, greeting and helping her father with his luggage.

"Seul-I'm... gonna piss my pants." She whispered.

"Relax, Taeyeon. He's not that kind of person. Uncle Hwang is warm-hearted." Sooyoung stated. But it didn't help Taeyeon one bit. She was still nervous as hell.

Her feet bounced in anxiety, but her face remained stoic. Taeyeon caught her breath when the rich girls suddenly stood up to bow to the man who seemed to be in his late 50s. Seulgi had to pull her up, and she needed some support, but anyways,  she also bowed.

Mr. Hwang smiled warmly at them. "Hi, kids! I'm sorry for coming unannounced." He approached the group and gave Tiffany's friends a big hug one by one. He stopped when he saw Sunny. "Oh! Miss Lee! Fancy meeting you here! Never thought you'd be friends with my daughter." He excitedly shook Sunny's hand.

"Good evening, Sir." Sunny just said, not introducing herself anymore since the old man obviously knows her.

Yuri was next. "Good evening, Sir. I'm Kwon Yuri." She bowed while accepting his hand.

"SM?"

"Yes, Sir. I'm the partial owner, Sunny's business partner."

The man smiled at her. The rest were history and before Taeyeon knew, Mr. Hwang was already in front of her. She inhaled and bowed. "Goo-"

"Miyoung's girlfriend."

She froze. Her upper body remained in nearly sixty degree angle and her heart was pounding nervously. She gulped and slowly straightened up. Stealing a glance at Tiffany, who was already in her side, she smiled stiffly. "I'm Kim Taeyeon, Sir." Then she continued bowing.

"Very well, it's nice meeting you." He looked at Tiffany. "I'm gonna head in and rest." He said.

Tiffany was about to open her mouth but her father had said goodbye to her friends then he was gone to the hallway leading to the guest rooms. She felt Taeyeon exhaling shakily. "Sorry about that. He was just tired, I guess. But he likes you. I promise!"

Even Taeyeon's smile was shaking. The last statement didn't help her. "It's fine." She sat down again.

The people around the table went quiet, even the atmosphere was awkward. Sooyoung decided to break the ice. "Let's just drink the night away and enjoy. Fany's birthday is over! Come on! It's past midnight!" She raised her glass and nudged Sunny.

The young CEO glared at her. "Feeling close, girl?"

Sooyoung involuntarily blushed. Yuri and Yoona saw it. They snickered and teased the hell out of Sooyoung. And because of that, their surrounding became lively again and Taeyeon started to smile and relax. Tiffany had a soft smile on her lips. She reached for Taeyeon's left hand, holding it tight. The latter turned her head to her and they both smiled to each other, choosing to not think about Mr. Hwang for a while.