Twenty

"You get cute when you're angry..."

Wendy snatched her carrier with a little force. Her expression was grim and her mood was sour, however, she still managed to come with Lisa to fetch her from the airport. Joy knew why she was like this, and it was cute to see Wendy jealous.

She smiled. "But not when you're angry with me." Joy ran to follow Wendy, caring less for the reporters and paparazzis scattered around the airport. "Unniiie!~"

Wendy tried to hold it in. She ignored the cute voice behind her and just continued to stroll her way out with the luggage towing behind her. She was still a little bit mad, but not to Joy. She knew she had reasons, but Wendy thought it was only normal for her to feel jealous and possessive. She was still the girlfriend and that Sungjae could rot to hell. Well, that was what she thought.

Suddenly, Joy held her wrist then linked their arms together. Wendy froze, looking around them to see the people looking at their side who were obviously murmuring. She gritted her teeth while saying, "Are you crazy? Let go! There are cameras!"

Joy looked behind them. "If Jennie can do it, so do I. Let's go."

Sure, Lisa and Jennie were holding hands. Little did they know, most of the cameras were on them. The tabloids were so eager in taking their pictures. Some were so delighted to have Jennie clinging to Lisa all the time. Joy and Wendy didn't notice it.

"So..." Lisa started. "Who was your date?" It was still a mystery to her. When Jennie was interviewed, Lisa didn't see anyone. It was just Jennie.

"What date?"

"Your plus one. The one you went with."

Jennie snickered. "I didn't have one." She leaned her body on Lisa and whispered. "You were the only one I want to go with. But since you have work, you couldn't . And I don't want the world to know about you."

Lisa unknowingly clenched her jaw. "Right." She gulped to get rid of the lump that was building inside her throat. She hated it when Jennie slapped the reality in her face, that she must remain to be a secret, that no one except their friends must know about them. She understood. But she was just a human who wanted to hold the one she loved anytime and anywhere she went without restrictions. What they were doing right now was just normal. Skinship between same genders was normal, since it signified the bond between them.

Jennie noticed Lisa's sudden change of mood. She sighed. "I didn't mean it that way, Lis. What I meant was, I don't want the world to know about-"

"I get it. Fine. Don't rub it in. I know. I understand." Said Lisa. She didn't want to sound bitter and sour, but it came out just like that.

Jennie gripped her hand. "I don't want the world to gush over you, to gawk, to look, because you're mine. That's what I want to say." She tapped their entwined hands and pulled Lisa. She knew she was pouting behind the face mask she was wearing. "Let's go out later. Date."

Lisa finally smiled, it was evident in her eyes. "But you need to rest first. And I need to go back to work."

"Deal."

---------

A woman was lurking around the area, trying to find a specific room where she could find a specific short woman. She clutched the paper bags containing the food she bought from the short woman's favorite restaurant. Of course, she considered the short woman's friend. It was lunch, and she got nothing to do since her meetings were cancelled. An employee passed by her, bowing at her in the process.

"Excuse me.." She held a hand to the employee. The man was clearly mesmerized by her and he was stunned that she was talking to him.

"Yes, Miss Hwang?"