Fifteen

"Have you eaten?"

Wendy shook her head and followed Joy going into the elevator and up to her floor. She recognized the building as one of those expensive apartment and condominium buildings in the country. Her eyes were roaming around in awe as she looked at the interior. No wonder Joy lived in this kind of place, it was so luxurious. She was still wondering why would they move in to that house and live together when they have their own places. She heard from Taeyeon that Tiffany owned an entire floor and that she lived alone in it. So why the hell-

Her thoughts were cut off because Joy had pulled her into a hallway and to her door. She opened it using a card key and headed in first.

"Unnie, can you please open the light to the living room?" Joy pointed behind her where the buttons were.

Wendy grinned. "I don't need to. You're the only light I need in my life." She snorted.

Joy froze. Her cheeked were burning so she turned away and scoffed. "That's so greasy. Just turn on the lights." She kicked off her shoes and went inside her apartment.

Wendy couldn't fight back her laugh. Her laughter echoed into the four corners of the foyer. She switched on the lights to the living room and followed Joy inside after removing her shoes. She found no Joy in the living room, but she heard some noise in the kitchen so she assumed she was inside it. Her eyes roamed around yet again, there wasn't much in the living room. A big TV was on the side and in front of the big leather couch. Some paintings were hanging on the wall, but no photographs of Joy or her family. It was simple.

She hesitantly sat down at the very edge of the couch. Minutes later and Joy entered the living room again with some pastries and sodas. She set the tray on the wooden table and sat on the edge of the couch too.

Awkward.

It was too awkward. Wendy was suffocating because of it that she became anxious and nervous. It just hit her now that she was in Joy's apartment. Just the two of them. She and Joy. Omg. She bit her lip and wiped her palm on her pants.

Joy cleared her throat. "Uh... I don't know how to cook, so..." She motioned for the cake. "It's.. Uh.."

Wendy chuckled. "Have you eaten, though?" She scooted closer now, but enough to have distance between them. She grinned at the flustered face of Joy, she felt better, now that she knew she had the same effect on this girl.

Joy shook her head and pouted. "The shoot lasted for hours and all I ate was salad." Her pout grew and now she was sulking. "I hate grass, Unnie." Wendy gulped because of the cuteness.

"Do you have any food other than these?" She also pointed at the cake. "You know, the ones that we can cook like," She thought for a bit. "Ramyun?"

Joy's face lit up. Her palms clapped repeatedly, even her eyes were twinkling. "Yes! Ramyun! I haven't eaten ramyun in like five months. And I think I have it somewhere." She stood up and beckoned for Wendy to follow her. The awkwardness soon dissipated and the atmosphere became warm and playful.

Wendy fakely gasped while tailing Joy behind. "Five months?! That's a long time ago, Joy. Lisa couldn't last a day without eating ramyun." Her eyes widened at the sight of the kitchen. It was nearly empty. There was only the big fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker, an electric stove, and a toaster.

"Told you I don't know how to cook." Joy opened the cupboard and rummaged through in it to find the packs of instant ramyun. She grunted and pulled out the pack. "Good think I still have this. I rarely go home here now that I live with the girls." She looked at Wendy, who was now looking inside her fridge taking out some stuff. Her smile widened at the sight. It warmed her heart seeing Wendy in her kitchen, she wanted to feel this way everyday in her life if possible. Not bad.