Eight

Taeyeon was smiling like a fool, even when she was removing her coat and her shoes, and when she was going to the fridge to drink water, then to her room to take a shower and lie down to sleep. She was smiling, and she was happy. It had been so long since she felt like this, just happy herself.

Appa, can you see me from there? Please make this last Appa.

She sighed. It didn't hurt that much anymore. Sure, there was still the longing in her heart when it came to her father. But she knew he was in a great place now and was looking out for her. She was about to close her eyes when her phone vibrated. She reached out for it on the bedside table.

"Can't sleep, Tae."

She grinned like a fool again when she saw the pouting emoticon. Suddenly, her insides were churning in a good way so she buried her face in a pillow, smothering her face and squealing then kicking the sheets. Wow, never thought she could feel that way again. She was too old for this, but acting like a kid didn't hurt sometimes.

She bit her lip and giggled.

"Me too. It's weekend tomorrow anyway. But try to get some sleep? It's getting late, Fany."

It was crazy that for just a simple message, her heart was about to explode from beating so fast. She could even feel and hear it. Her lower lip was hurting from biting so she decided to bite her nails instead while staring at the phone screen. The little sound of popping out came and she clicked the chat-box in a flash faster than you can say 'waenyeol'.

"Okay. You too, go to sleep. And I want to make a request for a brunch tomorrow. Goodnight, Tae. Your girlfriend is going to sleep now. xxxx~"

Taeyeon died at that moment. She couldn't hold the scream, so she screamed like a madman, and had forgotten to cover her face. She couldn't think of anything right there and all her mind could register from that text message was the 'girlfriend' one and the four hugs at the end. Girlfriend. She giggled like a kid, her chin dimple appeared. She didn't notice the knob of her door turning and a juggling of keys. Seconds later and four figures were scattered at the doorway.

"Unnie, you okay?!"

"Where's the murderer?!"

"Are you hurt?!"

"Are you pregnant?!"

Of all the questions the four had yelled at her, the last one surprised her most. Her mouth hanged open while lying down with her phone in her hand. Three heads aside from Jisoo were also frozen, they were staring at the woman like she had just hit her head and never retrieved her memories ever again.

Taeyeon was the first one to snap out of it. She stood up from bed and switched on the lights before turning off the lamp. Her fist landed on Jisoo's head.

"Get your grip together." She watched them drag their feets into her room and scattered themselves again on her bed. She sighed and closed her door.

(lalabas yung aircon. Char.)

"I'm fine. There's no murderer. I'm not hurt and most certainly, I'm not pregnant. Did I wake you all up?" She pulled a chair and sat on it.

Wendy picked up a pea-plush, hugged it while tilting her head to Taeyeon. "We're not exactly sleeping yet. These two," She pointed at Jisoo and Seulgi who are hugging each other. "were playing PUBG and Lisa and I were re-watching 'Below Her Mouth'. So, why did you scream?"

"You re-watched that movie?! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Linder is hot, Unnie. And don't change the subject!" Lisa glared at her.