Eleven

She cursed and slammed her hands on the steering wheel. "Why, out of all days! I'm late! Ugh!"

She tried to ignite the engine again and again, and again. But her car wouldn't start and she was late for work. She probably won't be fired, since she was the boss, but the amount of work she had since yesterday was making her head spin. Her best friend was probably at the court now, doing lawyer stuffs. The other girls had work on their own and she couldn't just call them and tell them to pick her up. She went out of her car. It was a good thing it didn't broke down on some of the roads out there. She kicked the wheel and groaned again.

"Crap."

Jennie was about to call one of their family drivers but she heard a roar. A familiar roar of a motorbike. And she saw Lisa on it with the gate wide open. She instantly smiled at the sight.

Lisa hopped off her bike. "Need a ride?"

"Aren't you going to be late? It's nearly 9." Jennie said as she pushed a button for the metal bars to close. She walked towards Lisa. "What's up?"

Lisa chuckled and brought out the spare helmet. She put it on Jennie, without the girl agreeing on hitching a ride with her. Jennie did the usual staring at Lisa when she put the helmet on her. But this time, she was smiling and she could tell Lisa felt it. She tilted her head.

"Did I say yes, though?"

Lisa grabbed her bag and she hopped first. She snorted. "I don't need you to say yes. I will take you to work, and that's it. Now come on, you're late." She reached for Jennie's hand and the latter hopped behind her. Lisa returned her bag.

Jennie felt uncomfortable because of her heels and she told Lisa.

"Just hold on tight, okay?" She tightened Jennie's arms around her herself. "Like this."

"Sneaky, are we?" Jennie giggled. Lisa's face flushed and she was thankful of the helmet. Jennie felt that she was tensed and she giggled. "I'm just kidding, relax. Now go! I'm late!"

Lisa laughed softly and started driving. The ride was somewhat fast for Jennie but she just tightened her hold since she was late.

"Jennie? We're here." Lisa tapped her arm gently. Jennie sighed in relief and Lisa helped her hop off. Her knees were wobbling, but the younger was fast enough to hold her.

"I'm sorry I drove fast. I don't want you to be late." She apologized and removed the helmet on Jennie's head. Lisa fixed her hair.

"It's fine. Thank you for driving me here." Jennie noticed the people looking at them and watching their every move. Even her own employees started to murmur around. Jennie lowered down the windshield of Lisa's helmet for them to not see her face. "Drive safe, okay?"

Lisa nodded but before Jennie walked away, she said, "Text me later. I'll take you home."

Jennie stopped and turned to her. "I don't want to bother and inconvenience you. I can always hitch a ride with Irene unnie."

But Lisa shook her head. "I insist."

"Fine. Now go, drive. Thanks, Lisa-yah." And she waved while grinning widely.

Lisa noticed the people so she just nodded curtly. "Nosy bastards."

-------------------

"Are you serious?! Kim Taeyeon?! My-ex-girlfriend's-friend-Taeyeon?!" Jessica dramatically said, practically shouting.

Tiffany saved her design and finally faced her friend who probably didn't know the words 'working hours'. She was obviously busy and had lots of workload to do. Her father was nagging her about the progress of the plans and designs, and she had many things running in her mind right now. She didn't see Taeyeon since Sunday, and although they were constantly texting and calling each other, she missed her so much.