Four

"I'm gonna show you everything's alright. End of the tunnel there is always light."
———-

"How long have you been living here?"

Taeyeon looked up from her ice cream. She licked her lower lip; Tiffany saw it and it made her throat dry. She gulped. But Taeyeon was too engrossed with her ice cream, she didn't notice Tiffany's flushed face.

Taeyeon shrugged. "Not that long. Two years, I guess?" She answered then scooped her dessert again.

Tiffany took a bite from her sandwich while watching the blonde woman eat. An amused smile painted her lips while watching her eat with gusto. It was Taeyeon's second cup, but Tiffany didn't mind. Taeyeon could eat all the ice cream in that mart and Tiffany would gladly sit with her and watch her.

"How 'bout you?"

Tiffany was brought back to the real world with that question. "What?"

"What makes you decide to live here? It's not a high class village." Taeyeon asked. She was too curious about this woman. Why in the hell would she live here? She was a business tycoon. Sure, that house was too big, too big to just call it a house. A little mansion, perhaps?

Tiffany noticed the curiosity in her tone. There wasn't any hostility, to her relief. And she guessed that Taeyeon somewhat knew her, or had an idea who she was. She also shrugged while chewing the remaining sandwich before answering. "That house was my mom's. I thought renovating it would be a great idea."

"I agree. Your house is greatly built. Your mom must be delighted."

Tiffany stiffened. Her heart ached at the thought of her mom being proud of her. Her face dropped with a sudden sadness. Taeyeon noticed it.

"Hey... Are you okay? Did I say something?" She asked softly. Then, she snapped when she realized it. "Oh. I'm sorry, Tiffany." She leaned across the table and held her hand.

The latter quietly gasped when they made contact. She thought she wouldn't experience such thing and that it was only in the movies and books. The tingles and sparks had brought her heart to beat quickly. The sadness was replaced immediately by that soft gesture of concern. She looked up and saw the same worry in Taeyeon's face. She smiled at her. "It's fine, Taeyeon."

Taeyeon withdrew her hand. She felt it too, the sparks and tingles. She sighed in relief when Tiffany's face brightened again. She smiled too, her gaze went outside. She noticed how dark it was already. "Come on. I'll walk you to your car."

Tiffany nodded and followed Taeyeon. "You have no choice."

Taeyeon chuckled. "Right."

They walked side by side. Comfortable silence engulfed them. Tiffany silently sighed. It was too peaceful and she didn't feel awkward. She needed this kind of silence and peace because she, for one, was too used to the buzzing and noisy city. She lived in a luxurious apartment. Although she heard the busy street just below her apartment almost everyday, it was painfully silent and lonely. It felt empty; she felt empty. That was why she agreed to living with the girls temporarily.

She wanted to fill the void that was her heart. It may sound too desperate and sad, but she was just a woman who wanted happiness. No matter what form it might be. And she wanted to believe that this wasn't just a coincidence. Even if it was, she wanted to turn those coincidences into opportunities. And opportunities shouldn't be wasted, you should grab them.

Are you thinking that Taeyeon is an opportunity? That doesn't sound right.

And before they knew it, Tiffany saw her car on the sidewalk. She sighed. She wanted to prolong this kind of peace with Taeyeon. But of course, she didn't show it. She looked at the woman beside her. I'm so relieved that you're not crying anymore. Although I still see some sadness in your eyes.