Twelve

Wendy laughed with the DJ when he cracked a joke. She was hella tipsy but it felt good to be drunk so why not drink all of the alcohol there tonight.

"I have microphones here, you know!" Shouted the DJ. The music was loud even though the DJ booth was located at the side of the bar. He showed some of the wireless microphones to Wendy.

But she shook her hand and her head. "Nah! I'd rather stay here. Her tonic gin is quite good." Then she winked at the bar tender. The girl behind the counter shyly grinned at her. Wendy smirked.

"How do you know the hosts?"

Wendy looked around her to find a certain host. She sighed when she didn't see even her hair. "I live next door! The owners are kind enough to invite me!" She said in full sarcasm but the DJ hadn't noticed it, he smiled widely and that made Wendy uncomfortable.

She turned away and faced the bar tender instead. "Sucks for being behind the counter, right?" She thanked her for pouring her glass again and drank it up.

The girl just shrugged. "You're accompanying me now." She said and winked at her.

Wendy laughed. "Now I know why the owners hired you! Your mixes are good!"

The bartender grinned and she poured tonic gin in her glass again before leaning on the counter. Wendy raised her eyebrows, she found an obvious glint of playfulness in the bartender's eyes. The bartender smirked at her. "Wanna see more?"

Wendy was sure she felt awkward at that. This girl was obviously flirting at her. She didn't mean  to send wrong signals to her but there was nothing wrong for a little fun, right? She tilted her head and leaned her chin on her palm while eyeing the girl's face. "More of what?"

She twirled the liquid in her glass while looking at the bartender who was staring at her with a much more intensity. The woman reached out for her glass, brushing her fingers intentionally with Wendy's. The glass was set aside and the bartender leaned closer to Wendy, her movements became bold. She was tipsy and she didn't know what the woman was doing.

"A martini please."

Wendy pulled away from the bartender when someone sat beside her. She reached for her glass again and drank it in one go before standing up to find her friends. She nearly tripped because the stool was high. Cursing through her breath, she slurred her way to the table where she left Seulgi and Irene.

She was about to wave her hand to get Seulgi's attention, but someone grabbed her wrist. She yanked the arm holding her and pointed at the person. "I'm not going to sleep with you! I like another person!" She stumbled to her feet when she tried to turn away. The person held her elbow but she yanked them again. "I said no! She's nowhere near me now, but I like her!" She drunkenly said, her words were slurred. She heard the person chuckled and she was pulled away from the crowd around them. Then she recognized the back of that person and pulled her arm from her.

"I said no."

Joy turned to her. It was dark but she could see Wendy's grim expression. She frowned. "What? Who's that girl you like? Who is she?" She asked, challenging Wendy. She was trying her best to avoid her tonight since her workmates and co-models had attended the party. There were lurking paparazzis for all she knew. She was just being careful. But seeing Wendy flirting with the bartender sent her off.

Wendy turned around to leave. But Joy gripped her wrist again, tighter this time. "What's wrong with you, Unnie?"

Wendy yanked her hand away again, but everytime she pulled away, Joy would hold her hand again. She groaned, the alcohol was making her head dizzy. "Just leave me alone!"