Chapter 18

AN: fucking loved that outfit on Harry

They pulled up outside of the ballroom along the beginning of the red carpet entrance and Louis was impressed by the onslaught of paps that were positioned behind the velvet ropes. Bright flashes of light were capturing the slender physique of Kendall Jenner before their attention moved to Harry's car.

Louis started to undo his seatbelt when he realized that Harry hadn't even moved yet. As if he was frozen in his spot, Harry's form was completely rigid while his eyes were locked on his intertwined hands.

"Darling," Louis whispered to get Harry's attention.

Harry quickly looked up to meet Louis' gaze, then he looked outside at the crowd, and then back down towards his hands.

The driver of the car turned around and gave Louis a look that practically said 'well, do something'.

Placing his hands on both sides of Harry's face, Louis indirectly asked the model to look at him.

"What's wrong beautiful boy?"

Looking over Louis' shoulder at the flashing lights, Harry mumbled, "What if this whole thing goes wrong?"

It was clear in his expression that Harry was genuinely worried about the event and it tugged at Louis' heartstrings.

Louis leaned in and placed his head at the crook of Harry's neck, nuzzling it in the way that he knew Harry liked. It didn't take long in whatever relationship they had so far for Louis to see how much Harry calmed down when Louis would curl himself into Harry.

He kissed just above the collar of Harry's suit jacket and murmured "It won't go wrong. Harry, all of those paps wouldn't be here if this wasn't some spectacle worth knowing about. Just by press alone you'll raise money for those families but we both know all the people who will be in that ballroom tonight, will be completely supportive of you as well or else they wouldn't be here."

Harry kissed the top of Louis' head with a "thank you" and then began to unbuckle himself.

"Ready darling?"

Harry ducked down and kissed Louis' cheek then hummed "Yup, now I'm ready."

Louis rolled his eyes, fondly of course, and then opened the door so the two of them could climb out. Immediately the paps were yelling out both of their names and the screams only increased when Harry took Louis' hand in his own. It hadn't exactly occurred to Louis that coming with Harry was publicly stamping the two together when they hadn't even discussed what their relationship was themselves.

In all honesty, Louis liked Harry. It was obvious. But, he still really didn't know that much about the kid. What was his family like? Did he have any siblings? For fucks sake, what even is his favorite color? All of these questions started swimming around in Louis' head as Harry stood next to him for picture after picture.

Louis wanted to know Harry, he wanted to know the details about the curly haired boy and not just the way he looked when he was fucked at the right angle. The CEO angled his head so he was looking up at the sharp line of Harry's jawbone. Harry's eyes were trained on the different cameras, his lips pursed slightly and Louis just really wanted to kiss him. He wanted to claim Harry as his own but that probably wasn't fair seeing as how he didn't know him all that well.

Harry looked down and his eyes softened immediately when he saw that Louis was already looking up at him. Their moment was shortly ruined by all of the "awes" coming from the paps, causing Louis to shoot them all a glare. He may be interested in Harry but he didn't need the world to think he's gone soft.

"Come on then," Harry laughed as he nodded towards the entrance of the building.

Louis placed his hand possessively on the lower side of Harry's back so that he could lead them inside and away from the paps catcalls.

Once they were safely inside the elevator that would lead to the ballrooms, Louis had Harry pressed up against the mirrored covered wall. Louis might have been the smaller of the two but he definitely held dominance over the younger man.

"You'll be brilliant tonight" Louis said confidently, his lips brushing against Harry's from their close proximity. The elevator dinged, giving Louis just enough time to plant a firm kiss on Harry's mouth before he stepped back.

Harry groaned out something along the lines of, "You're going to be the death of me Lou."

Louis laughed and pulled on Harry's hand to drag them out of the elevator and into the ballroom. They walked along the the red carpeted floors, past the golden columns that reached the floral painted ceiling. Once they reached the top of the staircase, Louis stepped to the side and let Harry make his debut by himself down the stairs.

The five man orchestra that was playing had stopped once Harry was standing in the center at the top of the stairs. All eyes went to Harry and Louis stood off to the side, taking in the same breathtaking sight. Harry looked graceful and strong at the same time as he stood there with his shoulders back and chin held up high.

The crowd erupted into applause below and Harry beamed at the response. The model walked down the remaining stairs and began talking to the people that surrounded him.

Louis stood back and watched as Harry began to navigate around the room with ease. Dimples out on display for everyone to see and admire. Louis slowly descended down the staircase and there was only one thing on his mind as he watched Harry shake someone's hand: Louis was the luckiest man in the world.