Chapter 31

AN: SORRY 

Louis woke up the next morning cramped on their couch. He was curled up tightly all night which would definitely cost his back some pain today. He rolled over and was surprised to see Harry sleeping on the living room chair next to him. His curls were completely disheveled and his eye lids red. Louis wanted to reach out to him but it didn't feel right.

He sat up and cracked his back then went to the kitchen to make some tea. He was in. the process of filling his mug when he heard Harry wake up.

"Louis!" Harry practically yelled from the other room.

Louis put the mug down and ran into the other room to see Harry looking around frantically. When Harry saw Louis standing in the room with him, he collapsed on the couch crying.

"Oh my god," he was saying between breaths.

Louis slowly walked over and sat at the opposite end of the couch and tentatively asked, "Harry?"

Harry looked up and bit his trembling lip, "I thought you left me."

At this point his emotions were completely conflicted but Louis never wanted Harry to think that he would just abandon him.

Louis scooted over and put his hand on Harry's thigh, "Harry, I'm not leaving you. I'm just...hurt and confused."

Harry turned so he was facing Louis and grabbed for Louis' hands. This time, Louis didn't pull away immediately.

"Louis please believe me, I had no idea he was going to do that," Harry said desperately.

"But, why did he? I mean I think you could have done a lot worse than publicly dating me Harry," Louis said, looking down at his lap.

"After the interview I pulled him to the side and asked him why he would say that and he told me that it would make me more popular in the media if I wasn't tied down," Harry said and Louis hastily pulled his hands out of Harry's.

Louis stood up and began pacing, anger replacing the sadness that he was feeling, "What the fuck! Does he not understand that we've literally been put together to events and papped together? I'm not exactly a fucking secret Harry."

Harry buried his head in his hands, "that's what I told him but apparently that was a long time ago and he said that since its been a while, it would be believable that we broke up."

Louis stopped pacing and stared at Harry outraged, "So just because we don't get papped together as much means that to everyone else you're fucking single?"

"Lou please," Harry begged.

"Please what Harry! I don't even know what you're expecting from me in all of this."

"Simon asked for a month," Harry whispered.

Louis' demeanor completely dissipated, "please tell me you didn't say yes Harry."

Harry looked up at Louis desperately and Louis could see it written across his face that he agreed. He fucking agreed to pretending to be single for the promotion period.

"Get the fuck out," Louis said gravely.

Harry's eyes widened impossibly, "What! Louis please, I'm sorry! I didn't know what else to do..."

Louis shook his head, "Harry, do you remember what was supposed to happen this month?"

"Louis please don't-"

"We were going to have a fucking child!" Louis yelled.

Harry's fists were pressed against his eyes as he cried and Louis didn't even feel sympathy anymore.

"Forget it, I'm leaving," he said, going upstairs to get some things.

Harry chased after him and sat on their bed as he watched Louis throw some stuff in his bag. Louis purposefully didn't pack anything that was Harry's.

Harry picked up his lavender sweater and held it out to Louis and sniffled, "At least take this one. We both know you get cold at night."

Louis wordlessly nodded and put the fabric in his bag. He walked down the stairs and opened the front door to leave. Louis looked back to see Harry sitting on the bottom step, watching him hopefully.

"I'm yours Louis," Harry said quietly.

Louis looked down at his feet and shook his head, "I don't think you are Harry," then closed the door behind him.