Chapter 34

AN: so close and yet so far. 

That night when visiting hours were over, Louis refused to leave. It took two doctors to escort him out so that Harry could sleep.

"I'm yours Harry, completely yours," Louis said hurriedly as the doctors stood there holding the door open for him to leave.

"I'm yours Louis, no matter what happens, I'm yours," Harry said holding onto Louis' hand as tightly as he could.

"Sir," one of the doctors said warningly.

"I love you Harry," Louis said and kissed Harry's cheek.

"You missed," Harry whispered.

Louis choked on a laugh and remembered when they were at Grimshaw's and Harry said the same thing. He placed a hand on Harry's cheek and kissed him, his lips trembling slightly.

"Sir, you need to leave."

"Alright, I'm going," Louis said with his hands up. He pointed at Harry and said, "I'll see you tomorrow."

As Louis left the room he heard Harry faintly calling back, "see you tomorrow."

Surprisingly enough, he did.

Louis got to the hospital as soon as the doors were opened, having spent the night at a hotel down the road. He didn't bother with checking in like he should have and just walked straight to the elevator. He had to make sure Harry was still there.

When he got to the fourth floor, he practically ran out of the elevator and to the outside of Harry's door. He opened it and saw Harry sitting upright in bed, attempting to put his hair up with one arm. He looked ridiculous and Louis had never been happier to see him.

"I told you I'd see you today," Louis said.

Harry dropped his raised arm and beamed at Louis, "Beeb!"

Louis ran over and put both of his hands on each side of Harry's face and kissed everywhere he could.

"Oh my god," Louis whispered after he firmly kissed Harry's lips.

"I should almost die more often," Harry joked.

Louis sternly pointed his finger at Harry but couldn't help but grin, "never again."

Harry picked up his hair tie and held it out to Louis, "help."

Louis nodded, and began pulling Harry's hair back. While he was fastening the ponytail, Anne rushed in the room and like Louis, ran over when she saw Harry upright.

"I'll give you guys some time," Louis said kissing the top of Harry's hair and hugging Anne.

He went outside the room and called Niall with the update: Harry was okay.
Sure, he looked a bit rough still and he probably couldn't leave for a few more days, but he was alive and that's the best thing Louis could ask for.

Louis went to get coffee for Anne and himself on the main floor and ran into Simon.

"Is he okay?" Simon asked.

Louis nodded and passed by him briskly because he's sure that if he spent too long with Simon, he might castrate him.

Two cups of coffee in hand and flowers he found at the gift shop, Louis returned to Harry's room.

"I bring coffee and pretty things," Louis said when he came back inside.

"Thank you Louis, you didn't have to do that," Anne said as she took the cup.

Harry made grabby hands at Louis, "pretty things for me?"

Louis nodded and handed him the assorted flowers.

"Thank you Lou," Harry said as he took the flowers to sniff them.

"Any news from the doctors?" Louis asked.

"They said I'm lucky and all that but I'm still prisoner until my shoulder is in better condition," Harry said.

"Prisoner?" Louis asked smirking.

Anne laughed, "our Harry here has a bit of an agenda against hospitals."

"They tried to cut the curlies!"

"Harry you were seven and you cut your head!"

"They were trying to mane me!" Harry said dramatically.

Anne looked and Louis, "I'm surprised he lets you touch his hair at all."

"He knows how to make them pretty," Harry mumbled.

Anne looked at Louis with a raised eyebrow and Louis held up his hands defensively, "four sisters."

"Ah," Anne said understandingly.

The three of them sat around and talked for the rest of the day and it was actually nice. He missed Harry so much and he loved visiting with Anne because she reminded him so much of his own mum. It was all excellent until Simon came in the room.

"Hi Harry," he said tentatively.

Harry crossed his arms and glared at Simon, not saying anything. Louis didn't ask Harry about what happened in the bathroom because it was obvious that he couldn't talk about it yet.

"I think you should leave Mr. Cowell," Anne said sternly.

"Please just let me apologize," Simon asked.

Anne touched Louis' elbow and nodded to go outside. Louis looked at Harry and when Harry nodded he was okay, Louis went too.

The two of them were sitting outside of the room for about five minutes before they heard Harry yelling, "It's your fault I was raped!"

Louis and Anne looked at each other shocked and before they could rush in the room, nurses were running in to calm Harry down so his heart rate would go back down.

Simon emerged from the room and before he even looked up, Louis grabbed his collar and pushed him against the wall, "if you fucking come near Harry again, I will end your miserable life."

"He dropped me so don't worry about that," Simon said, getting out of Louis' grasp.

Louis walked back over and looked at where Anne was sitting, tears silently going down her cheeks.

"Anne," Louis said sympathetically.

"I think you should talk to him by yourself this time," Anne said, squeezing his shoulder.

Louis nodded and went in the room to see the nurses telling Harry to try and not get worked up as best as he can. Harry wasn't looking at them in the eye but stiffly nodded.

The two women left and Louis walked over to the bed, "scoot over love."

Harry moved over and Louis climbed into the small bed with him. Harry had his fingers in Louis' hair almost immediately, rubbing at the older man's scalp.

"You could hear me, couldn't you?" Harry asked quietly.

Louis nodded against Harry's chest.

"My mom?" Harry asked nervously.

"She loves you just like she did before," Louis said and then whispered, "almost as much as I do."

Harry kissed the top of Louis' head, "are we okay?"

"Harry I thought I was going to lose you in the worst meaning of the word, trust me, we're more than okay," Louis reassured him.

Harry groaned, "I wanna get out of here so we can already get started on makeup sex."

Louis turned over so he was straddling Harry and leaned in next to his ear, "I'll make it worth the wait love."