Chapter twenty two: All dem lovely waffles

Aizawa spat out his coffee. "You what?!"  Izuku lost the grin. "I mean, not a date, exactly, more like a meet up!" Aizawa narrowed his eyes. "When." Izuku stepped back. "After the sports festival.." Aizawa gave one last glare before turning around with a sigh. "Guess I have to find out who and kill them pretty quickly." Izuku relaxed for a second, before resorting to his tensed up state. "Wait WHAT?!" He screeched.

During the time it took from that conversation to the day of the festival, Izuku had trained constantly, often involving Hitoshi to strengthen his quirk and body. Izuku had broken his boundaries related to his body and quirk, using it to it's limit every day, not giving a second rest. He didn't care much for the festival, but it was an excuse to train himself and his friend. He had also given Denki a few tips, pointing him in the right direction, helping him concentrate his energy into more focused and powerful attacks and much more effective distraction methods. (Read: Vine references)

"GATHER ROUND, MASS MEDIA! IT'S TIME ONCE AGAIN TO SEE THE HIGH SCHOOLERS YOU KNOW AND LOVE REVEL IN THEIR YOUTH... IT'S THE U.A.'S SPORTS FESTIVAL. EVERYBODY- ARE YOU READY?!"

The entirety of 1A were confused. Mumbles and chatter flooded the air as a cloud of students blocked their way out. Ochaco was slightly panicked. "What's going on?!" She squeaked, holding her bag straps tightly. "No way... What are they here for?" The rat questioned, complicating a similar action. Katsuki growled. "Scoping out the competition, duh, small fry." He rolled his eyes, glancing back to Izuku, who still had a few bandages on his neck. "After all, we survived the villain attack." Izuku tutted and grabbed Katsuki's hair, pulling him back from leaving. "If you utter one single word, I will remove your internet privileges for two months. Katsuki promptly shut up. The greenette rubbed his forehead and let go. He looked up, spotting a familiar fluff of lavender gravity defying hair. He somehow slipped through the huddle of people without too much fuss and made his way to Hitoshi, standing besides him. "You ready?" He asked, slowly raising an arm towards his 'fRiEnD's' hair. "Yeah. This is my chance, after all." He replied, gently slapping the incoming hand away. Izuku pouted. "Oh come on! We both know that if I let you touch my hair, it'll end up platter again. I have a reputation to uphold." He sighed. Katsuki and the other students were still conversing. Thankfully, as Izuku's identity was revealed to him, he had calmed down an awful lot, meaning that he could actually hold a conversation with out giving death threats for once. Izuku scoffed. "And we both know that that reputation you speak of is just you being edgy in the corner, Yoshi." Hitoshi let out an offended gasp, inwardly questioning how he knew. "I can't believe you've done this." Quoting vines and memes at school was nothing unusual for Izuku. However, for Hitoshi, it was rare that he would say it out loud. Izuku rubbed away a fake tear. "So proud." He whispered. "So proud." 

Izuku was getting ready. He was so not pumped for the festival, but to show that quirks aren't everything, that was his goal. He intended to achieve it. He was just sorting out his hair -a new style to keep it out of his face- when Hitoshi walked in. The two were at that stage of... friendship... where they could often be found in one another's house. As soon as Hitoshi walked in, at the wrong moment, may I add, his face turned salmon. Izuku had still not properly changed, wearing trousers with the word 'Yeet' written over and over again on them and a gray, woollen jumper. "Nice hair. Is that where my turtleneck went..." In Hitoshi's mind, so many gay thoughts ran around screaming. So many...

 So many