Chapter eight: Yeet that fish

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter last time, let me make it up to you! OwO. Just know that I was up until four in the morning writing down word for word everything I needed in the manga. By the way I am putting the slime attack in this chapter as Izuku don't go to school and so the slime thing had to wait. Oh, and shout out to  Dogey07.

Izuku's POV

Shinsou and I walked into the school grounds, ready to beat the everloving fishsticks out of those robots. We sat down in the large hall and waited for the practical information. Present Mic was at the front on a stage like platform raised about a meter. By now, everybody was ready. "Welcome to today's live performance!! Everybody say hey!!" An awkward silence filled the room. "Well, that's cool, my examinee listeners!! I'm here to present the guidelines of your practical!! Are you ready?! Yeahh" The non-existent reply was almost as non-existent as my will to live. "This is how the test will go, my listeners! You'll be experiencing ten-minute-long 'mock cityscape manoeuvres Bring along whatever you want! After this presentation you'll each head to your assigned testing location!! Okay?! Each site is filled with faux villains. Points are awarded for defeating each according to their respective difficulty levels!! Use your quirks to disable these faux villains and earn points! That's your goal, listeners!! Of course, playing the antihero and attacking fellow examinees is prohibited!!" A rather tall bluenette stood up in the crowd with his hand raised. "May I ask a question?!" He shouted, making sure that China could hear him. "There appear to be no fewer than four varieties of faux villain, on this handout! Such a blatant error, if it is one, is highly unbecoming for U.A, Japan's top academy!! We're all here today in hopes of being molded into model heroes!! And you with the curly hair! Please take your mask off, it has a high probability of distracting your fellow examinees!!" I admit, that took me by surprise, but I wasn't angry, he was just looking out for others. "Alright, alright!! Examinee 7111, nice catch. Thanks! But the fourth faux villain variety gets you zero points! He's more of an obstacle! Have you all played super mario brothers?! The old, retro game. It's kind of like a thwomp! Only one at each site! A 'gimmick' that'll rampage around in close quarters!" The blue haired boy bowed and sat back down "Thank you, sir. I apologise for the interruption." 

"That's all from me!! I'll leave my listeners with our school motto. The great hero Napoleon Bonaparte once said.. "True heroism consists in being superior to the ills of life. Plus ultra!! Break a leg everyone!!" Unfortunate choice of words, but okay. I went to my site, which was unfortunately not the same as Shinsou's, and prepared. "I am sorry if I was perceived as rude earlier! I had no right to ask you to remove your mask. I am sadly only realising this now. Please accept my apology!" I jumped at the sudden sound, an old habit and chuckled. "It's fine, don't worry, you were just looking out for others, a great hero's talent!" I smiled. 

"AND GO!" A loud voice instructed over the speakers. I rushed forward, kicking the first robot that I saw. Once I had gathered enough points to get in, I went around giving tips and helping people. With my quirk, which I had given the extravagant name of 'quirk void', I was now essentially unable to be harmed by them. Except that dude who roundhouse kicked me in the face because I surprised him. (No regrets, his face was hilarious) 

A loud wail sounded. The zero pointer had been released. I smiled under my mask, the neon glow lighting  up my face and looked for Homo sapiens  in trouble. A young brunette was trapped under a heap of rocks. She tried to touch them but was too far away. I pushed against the people running and jogged up. "Hiya, need any help there, Gravity Girl?" I joked as I began to lift rocks away. "Sure, greeny" she gave a smile. I picked her up and ran, checking for others but thankfully coming up clean.