Chapter Two.

I watched as people were killed. Right in front of me. And I couldn't do anything. Since last week's incident, Vader said I could no longer intervene with his business. So I watched as my husband, the man I was believed to love killed innocent people. It hurt my heart every time another person walked in because I knew deep down they probably wouldn't be walking out.

After half the day was wasted with me being forced to watch people die, Vader let me go. He let me. Yes, it is exactly as it seems. My husband controls me. I can't stand up to him anymore then I already have because he might kill me. I didn't care at the moment because I rushed out of there and hurried through the ship.

My day was not going as planned. I felt my sanity slipping away with each step I took. I wish everything would stop. Tears began to flow down from my eyes as I ran through the halls, storm troopers passing by me. I didn't care if they saw me this way. I don't care about anything.

Finally I made it to my room and I ran in, slamming the door shut behind me. I pressed my back against the hard door and slid to the ground. My face was hidden in my knees as I cried. I didn't care that my makeup would be on my dress. I honestly couldn't care less at this moment.

As I continued crying into my dress I heard a knock on my door. I flinched at first as I felt the vibrations through it. I sniffled and stood up, whipping my face with a wipe before opening the door. I wish I didn't open it. My dearest husband stood outside my door, his arms crossed over his chest.

He didn't say anything he just walked into my room, pushing me aside. I scoffed and closed the door turning around to see him sitting on my bed. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, just as he was moments ago.

"Yes?" I impatiently asked. I was done with him for the day, for everyday after what he just put me through. I knew now there was no use trying to love him. He could never be loved.

"We are going to Naboo." He answered. I gasped, shocked at his answer. He didn't seem to care at all.

"W-We are? Why?" I questioned as I slowly made my way over to my desk. When I sat down and glanced at him through the mirror I saw his uncomfortableness. He didn't look good in here.

"Yes. I thought maybe... you'd want a little vacation on your home planet. A chance to see your family and friends." Vader replied as he looked around my room. He hadn't been in here for a long time. I smiled and turned around to face him, hope clear in my eyes.

"You really mean it? No politics? No death? Nothing like that? It's really just for me and you to have fun?" I asked hopefully. Vader nodded his head and I squealed. I jumped up from my chair and walked over to him. I lifted my arms to embrace him but I stopped myself and put them down.

"Just so you know I won't be coming with you. I could sense you wanted to be away from me. And Padmé even though we may only be together for political reasons I don't want you to leave me." Vader added as he stood up and looked down to me. I sighed and nodded my head a little.

"I know Vader and I'm sorry for acting the way I have. I just think I do need to see my friends and family. I promise when I come back I'll be better." I explained. He nodded his head. "But Vader?"

"Yes?"

"I'm not trying to be rude or anything but... it would help if you tried as well." I mumbled, feeling a bit shy. When my eyes met his mask I could see he wasn't mad. He let out a robotic sigh.

"I know Padmé you're right. I'm being horrible to you and it's clear you don't deserve it. I just don't feel anything for you." He replied.

Ouch. Good to know I guess.