Chapter Six.

When I woke the morning of my sixth day in Naboo my family had already made plans for me. Today I was to take Ryoo and Pooja to school. Sola had an interview for work so I gladly offered to help her out. My nieces always made me laugh. Over breakfast Sola questioned me about my new friend and I shut her down.

"There's nothing to tell Sola, he's a new friend." I answered her. Sola however didn't believe me. She thought there was something more between Anakin and I. How could she think that when she never met the guy? Sometimes I didn't understand my sister.

It was early when I began walking the girls to school. The sun had only been up for a little bit so the air was a bit cooler than I was used to. Luckily for me I had long sleeves on. I held on to them with both my hands as we walked.

"Auntie Padmé where's uncle Vader?" Ryoo asked. I chuckled and rubbed my thumb over her small palm.

"I told you Uncle Vaders at work right now, he won't be here." I reminded them. I saw Ryoo frown. She barely knew Vader, I didn't understand how she wanted him to be here.

"He always wears that mask." Ryoo giggled.

"Yeah I used to be afraid of it." Pooja chimed in.

"You're not afraid of him anymore?" I asked. Both girls shook their heads.

"Oh no Uncle Vader is still a little scary but his mask isn't." Ryoo answered. Before I could ask again we already arrived at their school. I crouched down on my knees and wrapped both the girls in my arms, squeezing them into a tight hug.

"Have a great day girls I love you." I whispered as I held them. For a moment I pretended they were my own little girls. This was a moment I'd never have with my own children.

"Love you too Auntie Padmé." They replied before they skipped off into school greeting their friends. I sighed as I watched their cute little smiles. At least I had them. They were perfect nieces and I'm grateful for them.

I turned around and began making my way back to the house. The sun had brightened up our little town and people began their days. The streets weren't full like they are in the afternoon but it was starting to come to life. As I looked down the street a grin formed on my face. Leaning on one of the walls, was Anakin. My grin grew as I slowly made my way over to him.

"Hello Anakin." I greeted him. He looked up from his hands and smiled. Based on what I could see he was folding something...a piece of paper. He stuffed it inside his pocket.

"Hey Padmé it's great to see you again." Anakin replied. He stood up straight, getting off the wall and faced me.

"Yeah it is. What are your plans for today?" I asked. Anakin shrugged and locked eyes with me. His eyes were still that bright blue. They were beautiful, I had never seen eyes that matched the color of lakes here on Naboo. Anakins were the first.

"I don't have any plans for today actually." He answered. I felt the smirk grow on my face.

"Really? So would you really couldn't decline the offer of coming to my home and having dinner?" I said. This made Anakin chuckle.

"I suppose you're right. But what am I supposed to do until then?" He replied. I thought about it for a moment. What could Anakin and I do all day? We had hours to kill until dinner. Suddenly an idea came to me.

"How about we go back to my family's lake house. We can swim, tan, eat, and just have fun together. I have bathing suits there if you wouldn't mind wearing one of my fathers of course." I suggested. He nodded his head.

"Yeah that sounds wonderful." He agreed. I squealed and linked my arm in his again and we began our walk to my lake house.

~At the house~