Chapter Twelve.

"Lord Vader, your idea for more peace is to build another planet destroying ship?" Senator Organa questioned. Early in the morning on my first full day back on the Death Star Vader had scheduled a meeting with most of the senators to discuss his plans.

I was sitting next to my husband, dressed in all black just as he was. Funny to think everyone in the galaxy believes I'm like him. If only they knew. All eyes turned to Vader. He was sitting there, his expression covered by the blank mask he always wore. No one knew what his reaction was going to be.

"A second Death Star would not be for destruction, it would be for protection." Vader answered. My eyes looked back to Bail. He was confused and against Vader's new idea. I was too.

"My lord, wouldn't this new ship cost a lot of credits and wouldn't it take a lot of time?" Senator Clovis added. I knew Vader hated him. Once, a lifetime ago Clovis and I went out for a little bit. Vader never let it go after I told him.

"It doesn't matter, I control the credits I will use as much as I want for protection." Vader snapped, his anger rising.

"Yes it does my lord because the more money you take, the more money our systems won't have. What's the point of creating something to protect planets if there are none to protect?" Rush argued. This was going to get ugly. I didn't want it to get ugly.

Vader began to slightly lift his hand, he was going to force choke Clovis. Before his hand got up I quickly placed my hand on his and pushed it down onto the arm rest. Vader's masked face turned to me, I didn't make eye contact. I only laced our hands together and held them down so he could not choke Clovis.

"We understand your concern Senator Clovis," I spoke up. Vader surprisingly stayed quiet. "What we want is peace in the galaxy, that's all we've ever wanted. Now how about this, we give you the plans to this second Death Star and you can decide if it's worth the cost or not? Is that fair?"

Clovis stared at me, his eyebrows raised as though he were impressed. "I suppose that is a fair idea. Shall we vote?"

"Everyone who agrees to these terms say aye," The whole room filled with ayes. "Now everyone who disagrees please say naye," No one spoke. "Great, it's settled then everyone have a wonderful rest of your day."

Once everyone left the throne room and only Vader and I remained we stared at each other. I was staring because for once after I spoke up he wasn't screaming at me. It seemed as though hours passed before either of us spoke. The silence wasn't uncomfortable, surprisingly it was comforting.

"Thank you," Vader broke the silence. "I tend to underestimate your abilities at reasoning with people. I'm truly thankful you did that. If I were to choke out Clovis the whole senate would be angry with me and surely vote no for the second Death Star."

I nodded. "You're welcome. It's nice dealing with politics, I know I shouldn't but I do miss being a part of them."

Vader looked down. "It was wrong of me to stop you from making choices, it was the whole reason I married you in the first place. From now on I'll no longer stop you so make as many choices as you'd like, within my consultation of course." He said, and maybe under that emotionless mask he wore a smile was on his lips. I think it might've been.

"Now I must thank you." I chuckled. I felt happy, or at least part of me did. Vader didn't laugh, he remained silent as always.

"No thanks needed it's only right." He replied. He was playing with his fingers, his head facing down. This was a side of him that made me happy. I moved closer to him, placing my hand on his again. Vader's masked face looked up to me again.

"I've been thinking," I mumbled, my eyes moving away from his. "I'd like to have children, I don't care if you're going to help me or not." My eyes met his mask again and he looked the same. We stayed like this for a moment before suddenly, Vader wrapped one of his arms around my waist, pulling me into his lap.