Chapter 1 I Like Being Single.

Noah's POV

It was a crisp Tuesday morning. I Was finally on my way home from a long night of shooting a music video for an up and coming artist. My eye lids were so heavy from being up all night. I decided to roll the window down to catch some fresh air. The way the breeze ran through my hair and the smell of the city starting to rise kept me awake long enough to get home. As I walked in the door, I smelled fresh brewed coffee. I saw my mom standing in the kitchen pouring her coffee in a to go cup. Her dirty blonde hair was swept up in to a pony tail and she wore a shirt with her store logo on it. 

"long night?" she asked.

"Yes. Very long." I grunted.

"Would you like some coffee."

"Nah, I think I am going to head to bed." I said yawning.

She started for the door and said "okay. I'm off to work now! Love you. "

"Love you too." 

I raced upstairs quickly, anticipating the moment my head hit the pillow and my body relaxed. I passed my brother Grant's room to see his door was slightly cracked. I looked in only to see him sleeping on his stomach and drooling. Grant was in college for business management, but he decided on afternoon classes.  I chuckled and moved onto my room. As I opened the door, I felt at peace like this was my sanctuary. I dropped my bags, hopped on the bed and hugged one of my pillows tight. As soon as I laid down, I felt the tension float away into thin air and my eye lids grew heavy as I drifted off into a deep sleep.

PJs POV

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ear, already I am annoyed. The sun was just peeking through my window and the birds started to chirp as the city started to awaken. I cracked my neck, rolled out of bed, and slipped into my soft plush slippers. I walked over to my turtle Susie and saw he was still sleeping soundly. As I walked out of my room, I saw my mom packing her bag to start her 48-hour shift at the women's hospital. Her hair was braided back in a french braid and she was wearing light blue scrubs. 

"Leaving already?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

She gave me her sorry look. "Yes. We think one of the moms is going to go in early labor, so it is important that I be there in time before traffic starts to pick up."

"Oh. Okay." I said bummed out because mom and I always have breakfast together before she leaves on a shift. It was one of our many traditions since she became a nurse because she couldn't always come to my soccer games or spend as much time as she would like with me.

"I'm sorry honey. I know we are supposed to have breakfast together, but I'll tell you what, breakfast is on me." She handed me a 20-dollar bill. "Thank you." I smiled. "Have a good day honey!" she said as she hurried out the door. Well I guess it's  time I get ready for the day. I walked into my bathroom to brush my mid length curly hair and my teeth. I put my hair in a ponytail because I had a soccer game tonight and it honestly just made life easier. I put on some music to make this Tuesday some what better. It started with some Evanescence and then Mötley Crüe came on and I got a little carried away, but as I am getting dressed, I hear a faint knocking on my door. I turn my music down to listen and make sure I am not going crazy. Then I hear it again, but banging. I walk over to the door and open it.

"Damn girl I been knocking forever!" My best friend Tayla yelled. Tayla and I have been best friends since kindergarten when she punched a kid in the face for me because they kept teasing me and pinching me. I would have handled it myself, but my mom begged me to behave, so I just sat there. After that nobody bothered me or her and we became inseparable.

"Shit my bad the music was too loud." I laughed. "My mom gave me 20 bucks to get breakfast, sooo breakfast on me. We gotta leave a little early though."