Chapter 17 Who are you?

Noah's POV

I was heartbroken. My world was spinning. Everything I had ever loved was gone. I was crying in Tony's arms when one of the other members of our gang ran in.

"I just saw their gang leader leave in a black car." He said out of breath.

"Did you get the plate number?" Tony asked.

"Yes."

"Okay. Good. Go give it to Jai." He walked out of the barn and I pulled away from Tony. His shoulder was soaked with my tears. I wiped away my salty tears from my cheek. I look over at all the dry blood from where it looked like they had her tied up. It was a lot of fucking blood. There is no way she survived. My sweet girl gone because I was too selfish to let her go. I looked up towards the ceiling closed my eyes and pinched my nose. Tear started streaming down my cheeks. What did I do in my past life to lose someone I loved so much again. 

"Hey, we don't know for sure that she is gone." Tony said touching my shoulder.

"THEN WHERE THE FUCK COULD SHE BE? LOOK AT ALL THAT BLOOD!!" I shouted as I pointed to the dried blood on the hay. Tony stayed quiet for a minute. The tension was rising until Jai came in the barn.

"Okay. So, we don't see a body that means there is a chance she could still be alive. I want you guys to turn this barn upside down looking for anything that might give us a clue to where she could have gone or where they might take her. Me and some of the others will go check the house." We both nodded and a couple of others came into the barn to help us look around. The barn wasn't very big, but big enough. I was reluctant to help in anyway. I really didn't have any hope left. There is no way she is still alive. I just hope she is at peace now. 

It was around 5 min later when Tony shouted "Hey!" catching my attention.

"Hey Noah! Come look at this!" I ran over to the back of the barn where he was, hopping over some haystacks. A pinch of hope trying to wiggle its way into me.

"There is a hole here in the back and I didn't think much of it until I crouched down and saw this." He squatted down and pulled some brown wavy hair from the crack of where the wood had split. I took it from him and examined it.

"This looks like PJs hair." I said in a low voice.

"That's what I thought. Now look through the whole and see where it leads to." He said while moving away from the whole. I got on my knees and placed my hands on the ground then lowered my face to look through the hole.

"It leads to the forest!" I shot up.

"Maybe she is in the forest!" I shouted. Starting to get excited. I couldn't help it. That pinch of hope finally found it's way into me and I really didn't want to let go. 

"Okay. Okay. Calm down though because we don't know. Let's go tell Jai." Tony said sighing. 

As we were walking out of the barn, we told everyone to follow us to the house. I saw the fog was starting to get thicker and felt the air get cooler. We walked into the house and showed Jai what we found. She ordered most everyone to get prepared for a search through the forest and sent a couple of people back to the warehouse to do some research on the plate number for the black car.

We headed into the forest calling PJs name, but nothing yet so far. It seemed like there were miles of forest. She could be anywhere, but I won't give up on her yet. That's my girl. She could have possibly escaped. A sense of pride washed over me thinking about how she probably escaped. Now to find her and bring her home.

PJs POV

I slowly opened my eyes and woke up in a bed with a floral comforter draped over me. I looked around and the sun was shining through the sheer white curtains. There was a full body mirror in the corner. I went to go rub my eyes, but then my arms started to ache. I looked at my arms and saw little shallow cuts all over them. Where did these come from? Am I okay? Do I hurt myself? I tried sitting up in my bed and my back started stinging which brought tears to my eyes.