44. Tears

Rye's Point of View

"Have you tried talking to him?" Joshua asks, taking a sip of his coffee.

It's nine in the morning and we're at the studio, drinking coffee before practice.

"Obviously. It's been a week and I'm starting to get scared that it will turn into forever." I sigh looking my black coffee.

"What about everyone else?"

"Haven't seen the boys in a long time. Mads is the only one who talks to me other than Bryce, and Addison but she's clueless all the time. I don't blame her."

"But did he break up with you?"

"No. We're still together as far as I know."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's okay." I tell him. "I knew something was going to happen... it was the calm before the storm."

"It's not okay. You look- unpleasant."

"You can say ugly... I'm friends with Bryce, I can handle it." I chuckle.

"Nah." He shook his head standing up, then stretched his arm to help me get on my feet.  

"Two week 'till nationals... and guess what?"

"What?" I ask him as I kicked my shoes off. "I already ordered your costume." He replies.

"Please tell me it isn't big and puffy."

"It's perfect. Trust me." He smiles.

____________

Today's practice was one of the best so far. I found myself emotionally connected to the song and with the help of Joshua I learned how to express correctly with my acting. As I said to Jaden before; I dance better when I'm emotional.

Before I went up to my apartment I made a quick stop to my mailbox which is located on the first floor.

"Congratulations you're admission to California State University, Los Angeles was accepted! An email was sent...."

I stop reading and went to grab my phone with a lot of excitement rushing through my body.

"Oscar!" I yell. "Sweetie are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"I was accepted to CSU!" I jump from excitement, screaming a little more. "That's awesome Riann! I knew they would!"

I've kept this a secret from everyone because I feared that I wasn't going to get accepted and then look like a fool. I felt like I didn't have a chance because I'm twenty one and now applied for collage. Oscar did most of it because he knew how busy I've been with dance. Now there's other things I'll have to do, instructions were sent to my email which I will forward to Oscar.

After I was done talking with Oscar on the phone I ran back to the parking lot and got in my car.

I need to tell this to the most important person in my life.

I drove to Jaden's house, with no expectations and my mood slowly settling from all the joy. I know visiting him after he has bluntly ignored me for a week won't be joyful but I just need to tell him this even if he doesn't care.

I knock on the door a few times. I know he's home because his car is here.

"Come in bro!" I hear him shout from the inside. He's expecting someone else... this is going to be more awkward than it should.