do you remember me? (arms around you)

Jennie

I still remember it.

The taste of her lips, that were withdrawn away by the wind and she sounded just like a lullaby. Playing softly in my ear. She was nothing of the sort-- her brown eyes were the meaning of being soothed.

I was swept off the ground when she said; I love you

But how foolish was I to fall just like that?

-

In the darkest days, innocence has struck again.

And I can only pray, that she is still alright. Somewhere out there thinking about the possibility of us.

"Jennie, listen to me, baby..".

"I can't do this without you".

"Or we can still do this, but without me".

And was it such a mistake, to open her voice messages after all of these years?

"I love you, please remember that..".

-

I hold the groceries in hand and walk to my apartment. Living in the middle of a crowd, was never my thing, and even though I've been living and embracing one for years. And it seems very chaotic— that someone like me is now living somewhere where birds wouldn't sing any happy melodies.

After the departure of Blackpink. I couldn't be any more heartbroken. Devastated, by the boring routine of living in such a small town.

Of course, YG wanted me to be a solo artist in the company, but I rejected the offer.

I was already growing up, seen by many as the villain of K-pop.

I heard Jisoo was doing fine, and it's been two years exactly. Where memories would taunt me with mocker, and I would break down just like that.

But not today.

I won't cry. At least that's what I thought.

Even Chaeyoung was heartbroken like me, apart from that. I was only wondering where Lisa is. After two years. I finally decide to open her voice messages, in a faint memory.

VOICE MESSAGE #1

"Jennie... I'm sorry".

"I didn't mean it.. it was a mistake".

"You should understand that".

"I didn't mean to hurt you".

Sobs escape by my sight, as I hear her faintly whisper, in the drunk mess she was that day. Lisa and I fell in love in such a young age; the company forced me to date another man, that I obviously have never liked.

It was all PR, and they warned me about the backlash. I reassured Lisa that I would never do anything to break her trust— yet her jealousy got the best of her, as she became drunk that night.

"Baby, come back..".

And, I never came back.