expect the unexpected

Author's POV

There is beauty when love comes unexpectedly— there is always the nurturing feeling of bliss.

Confusion.

Rage.

Furor emotions.

Turmoil.

And then there is the desperate need of getting to know someone— just by the look on that person's face, you become like a lost puppy, in need of knowing if their heartbeat was beating the same way yours did.

But, Jennie didn't know what was more confusing. Was it the fact that her best friend Chaeyoung, decided to ditch her date that evening? Or the fact that she didn't have faith in love?

It became like a mixed feeling of both frustration and excitement.

"Chaeyoung, you can't agree on going on a date with someone and then deciding to ditch like that". Jennie ran her fingers through her hair— swallowing hard in return for her best friend's misleading actions.

"Jennie, I told you I won't go".

"But why?".

"Look, she's beautiful and everything". Chaeyoung sighed, "But, I feel like this is a huge mistake I will be making. I will be leading her on, Jennie".

"Didn't you say that she was a busy person? This is your only chance Chaeyoung, come on". Jennie insisted on trying, but she knew the chipmunk was more stubborn than that.

"It's my final decision, Jennie". She muttered, "You're going on this date".

Jennie frowned, "You're telling me to go on a date with her?".

Chaeyoung nodded.

"I don't think that's the right thing to do". Jennie shrugs her head, "Chaeyoung the only reason she chose to go on a date with you, it's cause she likes you and not me".

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, "Jennie, just because she and I talked a few times and agreed to go on a date— that doesn't mean she likes me".

"And perhaps, she might like you". Chaeyoung winked at her as Jennie just sighed heavily.

"Fine".

-

The autumn leaves were cascading down the wind's saddened pace. Grey clouds, shimmer against the cold chilly weather. The feeling of the departure of an ocean of people, made Jennie hug her cloak closer to her chest, avoiding the anxiety that started to crawl upon her skin, and her heart.

Jennie's mind was racing with many thoughts, including the date she was heading to. Lisa chose a fancy restaurant just across the busy streets of Seoul, her gaze was mainly focused on her phone— and Lisa was one of the people indeed, to get stares. Not because of envy or hatred, but rather full admiration for her looks.

"Would you like to order ma'am?". She looked up from her phone, noticing the waitress standing in front of her table, with a tablet.

"Uhm, no actually". She politely smiled, "I'm waiting for my date".

The waitress nodded and left the table.

The Thai had her eyes fixed on the entrance. Trying to spot any sign of her date, her fingers were tapping gently on the table. Jennie on the other hand has finally reached her destination, her hands were sweaty because of how nervous she was. The Korean didn't know if she would exactly impress Lisa, or make her like her.

But she knew better than ditching her date. Especially a pungent one like Lisa. When Chaeyoung told Lisa that she wouldn't be going on the date— to her surprise Lisa was so understanding and accepted her request of letting Jennie go on the date instead of her. To say that Lisa wasn't shocked by Jennie's beauty, would be an understatement. Lisa has traveled around the world, met many different girls, and embraced many cultures. But never did she find a girl, that made her feel at such ease.