we find love/ let her go (part two)

Lisa

It's been over a year.

Over a year, and I'm still playing the same melody that I've played on that certain stage. I still remember the look on her face; I remember how shocked and scared she seemed. Jennie indeed was scared of me letting go, but how can I not let go of such hurt?

I'm sitting inside my room— and Chaeyoung lives in such a pretty house.

It was surrounded with flowers and all type of pretty things. Somehow these flowers were bright, colorful even— but they didn't mark anything that was close to the darkness that was printed inside of me.

I sighed heavily, and drummed my guitar, the strings making me breathe in the feeling of being trapped with 'sad'.

"Well you only need the light when it's burning low". I started, the pain still lingered— and so did my love for her.

I looked up at the sky; "Only miss the sun when it starts to snow".

My eyes shifted to the guitar once again, "Only know you love her when you let her go..".

She didn't want me.

I left her.

"Only know you've been high when you're feeling low".

I miss her.

"Only hate the road when you're missing home".

She was my home.

"Only know you love her when you let her go".

I sighed heavily, allowing my lungs to breathe in the heavy texture of air— in pieces my soul tried to tangle around nature as I looked out the window.

"And you let her go".

Author's POV

Sometimes when two souls fall in love, they dive too deep into the warmth of having each other. The blue skies become grey— and the summer feeling becomes autumn leaves- winter trees and snow.

Winter trees; as in the dead feeling of existing, but slowly dying by the cold of the night.

The dreadful feeling of wanting to fly high— but dying by the hurtful memory of your loved one.

On the other side of town, Inside an Uber was Jennie, anxiously staring out the window. Hoping Lisa was still waiting for her.

"Staring at the bottom of your glass.. Hoping one day you'll make a dream last". Lisa sang her heart out.

"But dreams come slow and they go so fast". Lisa weakly smiled, she knew she dreamt of the other woman every night. With her grip on the guitar, she felt her heart shatter at the feeling of missing her.. missing someone to complete her.

"You see her when you close your eyes. Maybe one day you'll understand why..". Lisa closed her eyes, the anxiety that rushed through her body was something she got used to over the past.

"Everything you touch surely dies".

Lisa remembered that day when she came back— expecting to see a Jennie who is waiting for her. But, her ex lover was crying that day, flinching when she touched her.

The singer thought that Jennie didn't love her anymore; that she was sick of everything.

But, in reality Jennie was tired of running away from herself— from running away with the fear of having Lisa leave her. The korean always found Lisa's charm as something very enchanting.