Chapter 10. Plan

TRIGGER WARNING: SUICIDAL THOUGHTS & ABUSE

"I'm fine now!" He grumbles, slightly stumbling but stands steady.

"Okay, we're just worried." Stress says.

"Well don't be. I'm fine." Mumbo grabs his suit jacket off the coat hanger.

"Are you really? Or are you just trying to convince yourself?" Doc gets a glare for that remark.

"I'm fine, Doc." Mumbo grumbles and leaves the room.

"I worry for him... he hasn't been the same since Grian left." Iskall mutters.

"They were very close... maybe he's just heartbroken. Give him a few weeks and he'll be back to normal." Doc sighs.

He wasn't, he was worse if anything. It got so bad Xisuma had to check on him.

"Mumbo?" He mutters into the males base. He sees the Hermit bent over a table. The man is a mess, his shirt is covered in redstone dust, his hair is a mess. The worst part is at his arms have cuts on them. "Mumbo..." Xisuma removes his helmet and sits next to the man. Mumbo doesn't respond, continuing to work on his mini project. "Mumbo, what's going on?"

They sit in silence.

"... I've lost my purpose... Now that Sam has him... if he ever gets away, he'll never be the same..." Grian is Mumbo's purpose?

"We're all with you Mumbo, the server just isn't the same without him..." He lets a smirk rest on his face. Mumbo gives him a confused look. "That's why we're planning to get him back."                 ~~~~~~~~~~

Grian opens his eyes. He fell asleep on the roof. That was just a hopeful dream, Mumbo is dead and everyone hates him... he knows Mumbo is dead. He feels that emptiness in his heart. When they are separated there isn't that hole in his soul, it just makes them feel like something is missing. But now He longs for Mumbo to be okay, for him to hold him close... but that won't happen. Sam killed him.

"Hey." He hears Taurtis mutter as he sits next to him. "You've practically missed seeing everyone and getting caught up, now it's just a party full of drunks." He chuckles.

"Yeah... I was napping. I don't do well with crowds and me being the center of attention.." Taurtis wraps an arm around Grian and pulls him close.

"I know when you're lying. What's really bothering you?" He asks.

"... I..." Grian crumbles into tears. "I miss him so much!" Taurtis looks surprised, he hardly ever seen Grian cry over a person. He hugs him.

"Who?"

"M-Mumbo... Without him I feel empty. And now he's dead!" Taurtis holds Grian tightly and close. Not knowing how to help him.

"Greon~, Taurtis~." Sam hums drunkenly. Grian tenses even more. "Aww, what's wrong little monster~?"

"Sam!" Taurtis barks. He pets Grian's head while glaring at the drunk. "Come on, let's go home..." he whispers to the winged boy, getting a nod. They get up and walk past Sam, going down the stairs. The duo leave the school and go to the station.

Grian fell asleep on the ride home against Taurtis. Taurtis had to carry him home.

The next few days were chaotic. Him and Sam constantly arguing, Taurtis having to jump in to stop them. It was a pattern. Fight, stop, lay down, mourn. He hadn't bothered to simulate things, he knew it'd all be the same. Until he got news of Sam leaving for a week.

He left early in the morning. Grian left the house after an hour, for precautionary measures. He takes flight to the skies, flying high. He decided to fly blindly in a random direction. That ended up leading him to a valley in a forest.

One thing he always loved about this place was that there were no hostile mobs. He could lay there with no worries. Which is what he did. He fell asleep in the open area, listening to the wildlife surrounding him.

———————(Grian's PoV.

The void? Why am I here?

"... Grian..." That voice...

"... M-Mumby...?" I turn to see it really is him. I run to him and hug him. He wraps his arms around me. "I-I'm so sorry Mumby!" I cry.

"Why?" I look up at him. He looks pissed. He digs his nails into my shoulders.

"M-Mumbo..?" I try to get out of his hold but it's strong.

"Why did you let me die? Well?! Tell me!!" He shouts, shoving me to the ground. "Why? You could've dropped the shield on someone else, but you had to drop my shield first!" He presses the heel of his dress shoe into my wing, making me cry in pain.

"YOU WERE ABSORBING THE MAGIC!" I hold my wing now that he isn't standing on it.

"Oh was I now?" I stare at him in fear. Is this really the man I know?

———————(3rd person)

He didn't sleep the entire week after that. He was irritable, tired, and running on just coffee. Thankfully Taurtis is an understanding guy. He spent days simulating possibilities that he might've missed.

"I'm home~!" Sam chirps. The Watcher didn't seem to hear him and Taurtis was out with Chan.

He feels arms wrap around his torso, making his mind go into fight or flight. But his sleep deprived body wouldn't work with him.

"Oh, Greon~," Sam purrs. "You can't escape me." He rests his head on the boy's shoulder. "You'll never get away from me, my little monster~." Chills went down Grian's spine and back up. He doesn't like the idea of Sam being possessive of him. He's tried contacting the Prime, but his magic doesn't work here. He has to hope someone will save him. "Maybe I should show you what happens if you try to run away again." He grins and picks the boy up. He struggles against him. Sam tosses him to the ground, he looks around seeing a two by two cell. An iron door and bars. No sunlight, the only source of light given is from a torch. And a bed taking half the cell. Sam closes the door.

"I hope you remember, everyone is in adventure mode here." Grian's legs feel like noodles. Sam notices that. "When was the last you slept?" He asks.

"... a week..." the boy mutters, struggling to stay up right. Sam glares at the helpless boy.

"Hmm. Shame... you'll spend an hour in here. The more I have to put you in here, the longer I'll leave you in... I might even join you at times~." Sam chuckles playing with a knife from his pocket.

"I'm home!" They hear Taurtis call into the house. Sam sets a timer on his phone and goes back upstairs, taking the torch. Grian's too tired to call for help, he'll just lay on the bed and get some sort of shut eye.