Chapter 18. Aether

Players fall out of the portal. "Ow..." some groan. The Watcher walks through fine.

"What the..." he looks at the piled players. "Are you guys Okay?" The galactic being asks.

"No."

"Well don't die now, you can't come back if you die in this dimension... like you'll respawn at home but you're physically locked out of the aether. I guess that's one nice thing about the Listeners dimension." The boy mutters. He didn't notice the presence of another being until they made it aware they were in the cave too.

The Hermits looked at the robed person.

"Are all Listeners short?" TFC snorts.

"You're quite a low rank, child." The Watcher says, his tone stern.

"Are you the Hermits?" He asks, ignoring the Watcher.

"... Mini?!" The Watcher exclaims. The Listener looks to the Watcher.

"Do I know you?" He asks.

"Dude! It's me, Grian!" The Listener seemed to ease...

"Shit... now the plan really won't work..." he groans.

"Uh... you know him?" Scar asks.

"Yeah, he was one of my players when I was an Admin." Grian responds.

"... B won't like this... sorry guys." He snaps his fingers and they're teleported to a cell.

"Where's Grian?" Iskall mutters.

The Watcher was very nauseous after being transported by another beings magic. "You guys okay...?" He asks. Noticing the lack of response he looks to see he's in an empty cell. He tries to get up but gets pulled down by chains on his arms and legs. There are two other entities in the room, they appear to be asleep. He sighs and leans back on the wall. Some rescue mission.

It didn't take long for the other two to wake up, nor did it take them long to notice their new cellmate.

"Uh... hello?" One mutters. He nods, trying to contact the others. He lifts his hand and turns his wrist.

"Typical..." he growls lowly. Magic canceling chains. That's why he was detransformed. He's just a small player wearing a large robe.

"So... how'd you get here?" The other one asks. His voice sounds familiar. He glances up at them.

"Oh now that's just teasing me! I swear when I get my claws on Mini I'm going to fucking kill him!" Grian barks. They recognized his voice.

"Grian!?" Both shout.

"Yep." He grumbles. "Just... act like you don't know me... I don't need any complications getting you guys home. And now I have to find out where the others are too, it's just a whole mess."

"The rest are here?!" Xisuma has a worried look.

"No, just six. Iskall, Doc, False, TFC, Scar, and Ren." Grian mutters nonchalantly.

"Well, well, well." A voice purrs, lightly chuckling

"What's funny about wells?" Grian retorts.

"Oh my, Red~. I didn't know that you would come so soon." It's one of the Primes.

"Kyle. Not a pleasant surprise." (Get it?) Grian gives a false smile.

"Not my name.-"

"Really? It suits you." The boy grins.