Chapter 11. Until we meet again

TRIGGER WARNING: ABUSE

(Grian's POV)

I feel a hand running through my hair. My head is on the person's lap. I open my eyes, and see I'm back in the void...

"Evening." Oh no... not again...I jolt out of his hold and back away.

"What do you want this time?" I growl. He looks shocked and confused. "I told you why you died, what more could you possibly want from me?!" Tears form in my eyes.

"... Grian?" He mutters. He stands up and tries to approach me.

"Take another step and I'll cut your legs off." Why does he look so surprised?! And... sad?

"What has he done to you..?" Mumbo asks.

"What?! So now you're playing the innocent card! Like you didn't bring me into the void just to beat me for information!" He takes a step towards me. I keep eye contact with him. "You're really testing it."

"Grian.. what has Sam done to you?" He mutters.

"STOP MESSING WITH MY HEAD! JUST STOP!" I grab my hair. "You're dead! And there's nothing I can do about it! And now you haunt my dreams! I avoided sleeping for a week just so this wouldn't happen!" Tears fall down my face. I fall to my knees and feel him hug me but I try to push him away. Damn my magic for not working in this world.

"Stop it." He growls, taking hold of my wrists. "Grian, he's messing with your head. I'm not dead... You've had dreams that return you to Hermitcraft yeah? We're going bring you home." I look in his eyes. He cups my face with a hand, wiping my tears with his thumb. His chocolate brown eyes look back at me. They're filled with sadness. Then it struck me.

"... If you're really Mumbo... what Am I to you?" Mumbo smiles softly. He rests his forehead on mine.

"You're my purpose. The light of my life. The reason I wake up. You're my angel." It really is him...

——————(3rd person)

"No..." Grian mutters. "No I just got him back..." he curls up on the cell bed, covering himself with his wings.

"Greon~. Your timeout is over~." Sam sings. "I do hope you enjoyed that dream. It's hard to make the correct configurations to make it seem real." It was just a manipulated dream?

Sam unlocks the door and pulls the boy out, dragging him back into the housing area. "Go around the house and come through the front door. You say that you went for a walk and got sidetracked, then come back to me." Sam growls into the rusty blondes ear. He gets a nod and his demand is fulfilled.

"Oh, hey Grian, where have you been?" Taurtis asks.

"I went for a walk, got a little sidetracked along the way.." Grian says with a forced smile.

"... You shouldn't be going on walks if you're persistent on not sleeping for a week, you never know when you'll pass out." Taurtis says, getting up from the couch.

"Yeah... I'll keep that in mind... Sam's back now, right?" Taurtis nods.

"He should be up in his room." Grian nods and goes back upstairs.

"Good boy~." Sam hold the boys chin, making him look at him. "I'll let you sleep peacefully now." Sam lets him go. "Don't pull this stunt again." Grian nods. "I don't believe that's the correct response. I think it's along the lines of, 'Yes, Master'." He grabs the boy's neck, lightly squeezing.

"... yes, master." Sam lets him go again.

"Good boy, go sleep now." He sends the boy on his way to his room. Grian goes down the stairs and down to the basement that is set up as his bedroom. He crawls onto his bed, completely exhausted.