Chapter 15. Sick day

The Watcher comes through the portal. Something is off.

"OH COME ON!" He shouts. All the players look at him. "This server is cursed, I tell ya that Xisuma!" The admin just looks away from Grian and chuckles.

"I might've done something before you came through~."

"I'm gonna kill you." The boy glares at him.

"Please don't."

"GRIAN!?" Many shout.

"Hah! I learned memory erasure spells, so this won't even happen." He snaps his fingers. It makes the players seem like zombies. He changes back to his Watcher form. "You're in big trouble for that stunt." He growls to the Admin.

"Yes sir." The players wake from their dazed state. "Alright! Everyone! Welcome to season 7, GO!" Xisuma runs off, boating in a random direction.

"That's it?" Scar mutters.

The Watcher is amused by their confusion. They look to him for instructions. He just waves his hand, saying to shoo and then vanishes.

Grian decided that he'll set up his own mini base, finding a beautiful area that has a hidden sanctuary. He knows he shouldn't but his instincts overrule that thought.

"Hahahaha! I still can't believe you thought Mumbo was a new mob!" He hears Stress giggle.

"I couldn't tell with the cod head on him! And he was beating a tree with a bone!" Iskall retorts.

"Still the best part of my day." Mumbo says, he sounds happier.

"Huh? What's this?" Stress mutters, seeing the nearly finished hobbit hole.

"Someone's base?" Iskall suggests. "No... this is too well made for an hour in this world. Maybe this is part of an update?" He mutters.

"... I've never heard of anything like this in updates, it looks like a hobbit hole." Mumbo points out.

"True..." Iskall sighs.

"Hey guys!" Scar chirps, joining the Jungle group. They all greet him.

"Did you make this?" Stress asks.

"Uh, nope... I thought I saw R around here earlier." That made Mumbo smack his face.

"R made this... to be so far in the process for an hour of the server opening. Only a Watcher could build this quickly." Mumbo removes the cod head.

"How?" Iskall asks, expressing his confusion.

"Time is slower for them. A day feels like 48 hours. Though I'm surprised he didn't make this out of bedrock."

"UM, THATS STEREOTYPICAL!" He pops out of a window. The hermits jump at the sudden vocals from the mute. "You, Mr. Jumbo, know very well we don't always use bedrock! That's only for trials!"

"Jesus... I didn't think anyone could pass Grian's scare factor. You scared the shit out of me!" Scar wheezes.

"Sorry..?" Grian chuckles.

"I thought you were mute?!" Iskall asks in more of a shout.

"Oh, no this is a rare thing. I don't talk, I can, but I don't." Mumbo glares at the Watcher as he explains why he's claimed mute.

"Oh, I get it! You're an introvert!" Stress chirps.

"You could say that. But I'm also not supposed to be talking to the Players at all, but your previous guardian dropped that, so meh." He droops over the window sill.