Chapter 12. Safe?

The glowing red knife is swung at anyone near him blindly.

"Grian! Stop!" Chan shouts, unable to help as she's pinning Sam down.

"Grian, calm down!" Scar yelps as he was nearly hit with the knife.

"Don't let him touch you with it! That's an irreversible injury!" Mumbo warns.

"Grian! It's us you're friends!" Iskall tries to get close, thinking it was working but nearly got slashed.

"Undo your curse now." Xisuma growls at the psycho. He gets another laugh in response.

"This isn't that kind of magic! This is the magic of breaking the human mind! I've tortured him for weeks!" He stares at the monster he's created with pride.

"Grian please!" False counters him with the flat of her sword.

"I thought we agreed no weapons?!" Iskall says to the woman.

"Well I had a bad feeling it'd be needed, and I was right!" False retorts. His swings begin to be more calculated, more accurate. They notice behind him is a blind spot, it's like he's completely forgotten Mumbo was there.

"Can't you do something?!" Iskall asks. Mumbo thinks for a moment. He's gotta paralyze him. He jumps in front of the boy and using magic, sets the boy off into the wall. Grian lays there unable to move.

"Damn it..." They hear Sam grumble. Mumbo takes the knife from the boy, tucking it away into his inventory.

"I just might kill you now..." Chan mutters to Sam.

"You've always been an annoying pest, Mumbo." Sam spits as Mumbo brings Grian into a hug.

"Hey... where're the knives?" False mutters seeing the empty knife holder in the kitchen.

"We're gonna take him 'out' if ya catch my drift. No one hurts that cinnamon roll and gets away with it." Chan and Taurtis drag Sam out.

"Oh jeez, Xisuma we need those bandages. He's bleeding all over." Mumbo says seeing the blood on his hand.

"I've got some insta-health potions." Scar says.

"No... those don't work here. This is what you'd call a modern civilization. Magic is a skepticism, they have the traditional way of healing. Also, this is a hardcore world. So those damn bandages would be nice." Xisuma hands Mumbo the wrap and the group exit, knowing that they wouldn't want to see the extent of his injury.

"... I'm a little worried.." False says to the group.

"Why's that?" Chan asks.

"... Where are all the knives? They weren't in the knife holder." False replies.  Xisuma looks back at the door.

"Sam normally keeps two or three on him... including the one that Grian had... 5 are still missing..." Taurtis mutters.

"Why didn't we bring Doc? He's the genius! And it isn't even that important! But it's bugging me!" False exclaims.

"Doc is setting up the medical bay for when we get back. Honestly... Sam gave us such a large impression that he was this unstoppable god, but he's just some loser who got a taste of power." Xisuma says, rubbing his temples. "Wait... did I leave HermitCraft without my helmet?" He chuckles nervously. He gets nods.

"I thought it was for strategic reasons, but it was just you being a spoon." Iskall grins.

"Hey! We all know Mumbo is the spoon!" The two go back and forth with banter.