Chapter 3. Complications

The Watcher turns to see the server admin. "Hello, X-Eye-Suma." Grian says, his tone welcoming while his eyes blaze with mischief.

"Mhm... how have you been? I can't help but notice how much you've gotten done within a week. I hope you aren't pulling all-nighters." Xisuma strides over to the smaller male.

"I'm doing fine, and I'm doing some all-nighters, but not a whole week without sleep. Trust me, if I went a week without sleep, half the server would be burned down." For some reason Xisuma took that as a threat. There is something about the boy that makes all the Hermits uneasy near him. That aura of superiority and something supernatural.

"That's good." He nods.

Tink.

Xisuma looks at Grian. He seemed to dodge something, a threatening glare in his eyes. The admin looks to the ground. "A poison arrow?"

"Again? Where the hell are they coming from?!" Grian looks around the room. They look at the position the arrow is and look in that direction.

"H-hey!" Stutters a voice as a man in a suit drags him in.

"... WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" The admin shouts.

"Oh my god." The Watcher grumbles under his breath. "Xisuma, Mumbo, you guys can leave... I'll deal with him."

"No way! He isn't whitelisted-" The Watcher gives him a look that says 'Shut up and do as I say'. "Fine..." the Admin grumbles, defeated. The two players leave the building.

"Now... to you, Listener." The boy giggles insanely and the listener sits in fear.

"How can you just let him do as he wants?!" Xisuma groans as he and Mumbo sit on a nearby island between the two bases.

"He is far more powerful than he seems. I'm certain you've felt it too." Mumbo chuckles. "That strong superior aura around him?" Xisuma nods. "Grian has a bad past, so he had to learn to be stronger than others... even if it was centuries ago..." Mumbo mutters.

"What was that last part?" Xisuma asks.

"Nothing... He grew up around a very mentally unstable man. That man murdered hundreds, but never got punished because their world was just so... stupid." Mumbo scowls just by thinking of the rabbit.

"Jesus... An you said that it was 10 years since you two last saw each other?" Mumbo nods. "So, that was when you guys were both teenagers-" Mumbo lets out a snort. Xisuma gives him a confused glance. "What?"

"Sorry, sorry. It's just funny, to think we still remember each other even if it's been a decade." Mumbo says, covering the truth of why he really laughed.

"I guess." X shrugs. The ground shakes violently. The two hermits look at each other. Was it an earthquake? They take to the skies, that being the safer place.

"Shit..." Mumbo mutters looking at the large tower. Shockwave after shockwave head towards them. "IN THE WATER!" He shouts. They dive down. Once in they get shoved back by the force hitting the waves.

Chat begins to go crazy as the players are all frantic and trying to keep ground.

But then it's over. No shockwaves, no shaking, no sound.

"What just happened?" The two ask. Mumbo was the first to head back to the tower, realizing what that was. X follows after him. They land and hear giggling. Creepy, insane giggling.

"Now~, Have you learned your lesson?" Grian purrs, his voice screams crazy.

"Y-yes, Red!" The poor creature below Grian is covered in blood and red burns.