Chapter 14- What the Heart Desires

Helloo yes I am uploading on a Thursday! I'm bored in school and I thought "some other people might be too" so here you go guys!!

-Miles/Micah (Ya idk what my name is-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the rest of the turtles, nothing seemed amiss.

In fact, the three of them had grown closer to (M/N), slowly easing up and treating him almost like another brother.

It wasn't until today that Leonardo finally began to catch on to the tension.

He was in the kitchen pouring himself a glass of water, when Raph entered. Nothing seemed wrong at first. He was always grumpy and silent in the morning.

Until (M/N) walked in, a small smile on his face as he quietly hummed a tune.

"Hey Leo! Can I borrow-"

Leo stared at (M/N), waiting for him to continue.

"Uh... I'll be back..."

Without another word, (M/N) left the kitchen.

Leo blinked, turning back to where Raph was standing, about to make a small joke.

Until he saw Raph's expression.

The turtle was staring at the entrance of the room, his grumpy expression softened into one of guilt.

Leo frowned, "Is everything alright?"

Raph only shrugged, grabbing the bowl of lettuce he had for Spike and leaving the kitchen.

Leo sat there for a moment longer, before letting out a sigh and heading to the living room to kick Mikey off the TV.

A few days later, Leo witnessed another strange incident.

They were all gathered in the living room, munching on pizza that April had so graciously delivered to them.

(M/N) walked over, taking a slice and sitting on the ground in front of Mikey, leaning his body against the orange-masked turtle's legs.

Mikey giggled, "why don't you sit on the couch with Raph? There's plenty of space! And he won't shove you off like he always does to me."

(M/N) laughed, but Leo could tell it was forced.

"I'm good here! Never really liked sitting on a couch when eating. It's just kind of weird, you know?"

Leo blinked, quietly munching on his slice as the two boys continued to chat.

Eventually Leo decided enough was enough. The tension in the lair was unbearable. At this point everyone had noticed it.

"Well... maybe we should talk to Master Splinter about it" Donnie suggested, looking at the two other turtles who were seated in his lab.

Mikey nodded, "I tried asking (M/N) what was up but he didn't want to tell me... and it wouldn't do any good forcing it out of him."

Leo stood up, heaving a sigh. "That settles it... I'm going to Sensei."

The blue masked turtle entered the dojo, making a beeline for Splinter's room.

An hour later, Raph found himself sitting down in front of Master Splinter, fidgeting every so often as the rat stared down at him with an unreadable expression.

After a few minutes of tense silence, finally he spoke.

"So tell me what has happened between you and (M/N)."

Raph froze, then quickly shook his head.

"Nothing's wrong! I don't know what you're talking abou-"

"Raphael."

Master Splinter's stern tone was enough to break the turtle down.

Raph knew he was going to tell him sooner or later anyway.

After explaining what had occurred between the two, Raph felt even worse.

Mostly because he was being consumed by guilt.

"Raphael... I'm disappointed in you..."

"I know Sensei..."

"But I also understand why it must have been difficult."

Raph looked up, confused.

"I did my best to raise you to be fully accepting of others. But once you boys turned to the media of the world above, there was only so much I could do. Many people above teach others that there is only one way to love. But this is not true. All love is beautiful and sacred, whether it be between a man and a women, two men, or two women, whoever it is. They all deserve to love and be loved."

Raph nodded slowly, surprised at the sudden flow of tears streaking his cheeks.

"Now... open your heart Raphael. Don't deny yourself of what your heart wants just because you are scared. We are all here to support you."

Raph nodded, and he was quickly engulfed in a warm hug.

"I love you, my son."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Master Splinter said gay rights 🐀🏳️‍🌈
Also I low key almost made myself cry because ✨parent issues✨ but we don't talk about that 😌✌️

-Miles✨