Chapter 22- Ok, What Higher Being Decided to Curse Me...

Raph stared at the (H/C)- haired boy, mouth agape. How was he even supposed to answer that?!

He seems to often find himself at a loss for words.

Before he could even get a word out, Leo walked out of Donnie's lab, the two other brothers behind him.

"(M/N)!! There you are! We've got a lead on Nym!"

(M/N) turned, "What?! Where?!"

The (H/C)'d male had quickly let the red-masked turtle go, moving to hug Donnie.

"Let's go then!"

With a little huff of annoyance (and mild jealousy), he joined the group.

As soon as Leo filled them all in on the details, the group was off. Leo led them back to the same building they had seen before. The building they had seen the Kraang take her out of.

(M/N) could only think of the worst.

Nym might also be a mutant.

They quietly slipped through a broken window pane on the roof, (M/N) landing with a barely audible thump.

"Are you sure this is the right place, Donnie?" Mikey asked, looking around at the completely empty space.

Donnie glared at him "Of course I'm sure!"

"I just find it weird how easy it was to get into a Kraang base.." Raph murmured.

(M/N) walked around, before finding what he could only assume was a hallway.

'This is not a good idea, but then again, my entire life has been a compilation of not good ideas...'

With that, (M/N) began down the winding darkness.

Soon enough, he stumbled into a dark room, the lights on his suit and disk casting a warm glow around him. In the center he could just make out the outline of a chair, with a dark block sitting on it.

(M/N) slowly walked over, listening for any sounds. This whole situation was raising many red flags. But whatever, considering it didn't appear to have any traps, (M/N) finally stopped in front of the chair and realized the block was actually a cassette player. With a little sigh, he pushed down the button and listened.

'so here we are, (M/N). Have you had fun, with those little freak friends of yours? No matter. It's time for that to come to a close. I'm sure you must have figured out how all of these events connect. After all, you were one of our best agents. Oh, and Dalis too, it's quite unfortunate that we lost her.. She was quite an extraordinary specimen. Although, we didn't expect her to still have control of her mind after we mutated her. But I digress. Listen up (M/N). Hand yourself over, or Nym won't be as lucky. And trust me, we won't mess it up this time."

With another click, the recording stopped.

(M/N) stared at the chair, completely speechless. He was also definitely trembling. What did he do now? He couldn't let Nym be tortured and turned into a mutant... but he didn't really want to die at the hands of those jerks.

With a shaky exhale, he turned to leave the room.

Suddenly, he was slammed into the wall, the light of his suit reflecting on... the dark figure from the lab!

He tried to let out a yell, but the stranger put a hand to his mouth. (M/N) had stupidly left his helmet down. Of all the times to lower his guard, it had to be the time he really needed it.

(M/N) shoved the figure away, lunging for them. With a grunt, he quickly elbowed the other, knocking their head to the side, and leaving a small crack in the helmet.

They stumbled back, then, to (M/N)'s surprise, pulled out a black disk of their own.

"Ah... so you're with them... thought I would at least have a chance to make a decision."

The figure shrugged, then ran for him.

(M/N) braced himself, but was taken aback when he was once again slammed into the wall, then dragged to the floor.

With a disk to his neck, there were very few options.

But at this point, if he's going to die, he'd rather have someone know.

"HELP!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course we need a bit of drama and plot progression before we get to the cute stuff! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

-Michael