Chapter 21-I'm Not Usually This Confident, But What The Hell?

(M/N) slid the door to the subway car open, making Dalis whip around in surprise.

"GUESS WHAT BITCH"

Dalis stared at him in slight amusement, scooting over towards the corner so (M/N) could take a seat in front of her.

"Ok, so check it."

After explaining every little detail about the other night's event, (M/N) laid back with a deep sigh.

"And it looked like we were gonna kiss, then of course something HAD to ruin it...."

Dalis let out a rumble, her way of laughing.

"I don't know what to do... it's just... I don't know, awkward? Like, do I bring it up? Do I just.. wait?"

Dalis rolled her eyes with a huff.

"Yeah I know I know. If I want something, I need to work for it. But I just.. What if... what if he isn't ready? What if I'm not ready??"

Dalis stared down at him.

"Don't give me that look."

Dalis let out a grumble, which (M/N) interpreted as "Watch me".

He sat back up, letting out another sigh. He guessed it would be up to him to figure this out.

"You're no help."

Dalis shrugged. It wasn't like she could exactly communicate. Plus, she was just as much of a useless gay as he was.

"Fine, I'll do this myself," he pouted, sticking his tongue out at her for a moment. "Thanks for letting me rant though."

Dalis nodded, patting his head gently as a farewell.

(M/N) wandered down the tunnels, on his way back to the lair. His mind was racing with scenarios of him and Raph.

He knew exactly his feelings now. There was no doubt in his mind. 

He was in love with Raphael. 

(M/N)'s face heated up at the thought. I mean, at this point it was obvious. The way he felt around the turtle made it pretty clear. 

Of course, bad thoughts swirled around in his head as well. Such as, 

'what if he doesn't like me back?'

'Why would he even like me... I'm not anything special.'

'Things are gonna be so complicated... he's a mutant, I'm a human!'

(M/N) stopped just outside of the lair. 

Wait. 

No. 

I know what I want. 

With a little sigh and a bright smile, (M/N) had never felt more sure in his life. 

He entered the lair, sauntering over to where Raph was seated on the couch. 

Raph looked up from his comic at the sound of footsteps. But before he could say anything, a pair of arms draped over his shoulders, and a face nuzzled into the nape of his neck.

"you're awfully cuddly today" Raph chuckled, trying to hide how nervous he was. 

"So... you wanna talk about us?"

Alright (M/N), this is it.

Go cuff your man. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm super sorry this one is so short, but you'll have next chapter to look forward to!! 

- Michael :)